Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda on N3

Options
  • 11-10-2005 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what was going on last night on N3 around 8-9 when I was on it? where stopping and checking all cars and had a couple of limo's pulled over.....never seen as much lights on a road before in my life....road was like it had Xmas lights......they also had the two unmarked squad car going up and down checking for speed and pulling people....also all the roads going in the direction from Blanchardstown to Clonee had squad cars parked on them checking the traffic????

They never have the unmarked squad cars after about 8 when it is winter on N3....also never seen the lights before they where using to make sure you seen them!!!

Not sure if this is the right forum....if not mods please move!!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

possibly on a drugs hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

kbannon wrote:
    possibly on a drugs hunt

But seemed to be looking for Limo's.....was there something on the paper about "The Monk" or watever the Sunday World call him these days having bought aload of Limo's???? was strange because I never seen where they had the strips where the cats eyes are lit up with blue flashing light like a landing strip....this a new thing Garda have bought for Night time checks?????

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My parents live pretty much beside him. The gardai are really not interested in him anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Isn't he a taxi driver now ? Drives an S-Class AFAIK, I saw him up at the airport recently. He was never into drugs according to "the fillums" ! ;)

MercMad wrote:
    Isn't he a taxi driver now ? Drives an S-Class AFAIK, I saw him up at the airport recently. He was never into drugs according to "the fillums" ! ;)

Yeah he was but seemily now bought a load of Limo's and one of those big jeep ones!! this is according to the Sunday World now so my cousin was saying....so a pinch of salt!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Yep there was an article in the paper with pictures of him posing in his Hum-vee which is basically a stretch hummer come limo

eireal wrote:
    Yep there was an article in the paper with pictures of him posing in his Hum-vee which is basically a stretch hummer come limo

yeah friend here said later on this was being pulled over :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Were they in their usual dangerous spot parked on the chevrons between the on slip from Blanchardstown Road South to the westbound carriageway of the N3? Idiots are always there and it's so effing dangerous, pulling cars in off the cariageway across the slip road to a tiney bit of hard shoulder to talk to them, crazy stuff.

murphaph wrote:
    Were they in their usual dangerous spot parked on the chevrons between the on slip from Blanchardstown Road South to the westbound carriageway of the N3? Idiots are always there and it's so effing dangerous, pulling cars in off the cariageway across the slip road to a tiney bit of hard shoulder to talk to them, crazy stuff.

Nah remember it was raining last night so they took a nice position under the Clonee fly over there, last bridge on way to Navan.....so you come around that kind of bend on road and next thing you think you are on a run way with these flashing blue lights running up along the each of the 3 strips where the cats eyes are usually leading you up to where the Garda was under the bridge in the nice and dry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

eireal wrote:

hummer.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement