Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin can you buy Duvel (off-license)?

Options
  • 10-10-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Well, anyone know any offo's that do it?

And for what price? If it's more than 2.70 a bottle I could just order off:
    http://www.realbeers.ie/

Love it.. been to belgium about 5 times and can't get enough of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

you can get it in Obriens, oddbins and I have also seen it in fairview, cant remember the name of the shop though.
    In fact any offie of repute these days seems to have it, I dont know what price it is as I dont personally rank it as a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

you can buy a case of it in the beer and wine warehouse in stillorgan. can't remember the price, around 60 or 70 euro for 24 bottles though.
    Can also get it in Deveneys sometimes, and also there's a place (Redmonds?) beside McDonalds in Ranelagh which has a huge selection of foreign beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

They also sell it in Molloys in Tallaght and Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I also seen it in Oddbins in Blanchardstown but i would ring them before going out as they don't stock much. Also remember seeing it in Molloy's in Blanchardstown and Clonsilla before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PJG

Hi ,

I'm sure it can be bought in Dunnes Stores and Supervalu.
    Cheers
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

very common these days. I have seen it in a few supermarkets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Most off licenses with a decent world beers section should have it.

What you want to find is one of the 75CL bottles with a glass :)

Found one my dad bought last year but it went out of date last February :(

Great beer, horrendously alcaholic though :|

steveland? wrote:
    Found one my dad bought last year but it went out of date last February :(
    I wouldn;t worry too much about that date - it should still be very drinkable. It is unfiltered, and will still be maturing in the bottle, if I'm not mistaken.

Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt have some 33cl bottles.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

best before Feb? No problem. With a high alcohol content like that, it's not going to 'go off'. They just have to print a best before date on the bottle. Chimay blue, I hear, peaks at about five years old, and that's 9%abv. Not that I've ever managed to hold on to one that long

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

The Oddbins off license in Churchtown has a great selection of world beers. Mmmmmmmmmm. Think I might need a few tonight to drown my sorrows after Ireland throw away their World Cup qualification chances

• Advertisement

kenmc wrote:
    I wouldn;t worry too much about that date - it should still be very drinkable. It is unfiltered, and will still be maturing in the bottle, if I'm not mistaken.
    Sorry, I was mistaken, it's deadly dangerous. Best give it to me to dispose of.
    and the glass as well, as that's likely to be contaminated also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

€3.08 in O'Brien's. Expensive, yes, but the best beer we sell, if you ask me. I'll have a check to see if we can get in the 750ml one with the glass, as I could really do with a proper glass for drinking them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

There is a great off license beside the shopping centre in phibsboro which has just about everything.............

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Jaysus, the prices!!! :eek:

My local supermarket in Amsterdam does it for about 1.25 a bottle. A few months ago there was a special on where you got a six pack and a glass for 6 euro (I stocked up). It's good to see that so many off-licences in Ireland are stocking more interesting beers - you get sick of the usual lagers very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

DrIndy wrote:
    There is a great off license beside the shopping centre in phibsboro which has just about everything.............
    Also Sweeny's down the road (Hart's Corner) does it... gigantic off licence (used to be a furniture shop)

They do three different sizes (normal, the 750CL bottle and a Magnum sized bottle)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

steveland? wrote:
    Also Sweeny's down the road (Hart's Corner) does it... gigantic off licence (used to be a furniture shop)

They do three different sizes (normal, the 750CL bottle and a Magnum sized bottle)
    MAGNUM sized!? As in 1.5L.. Thanks for the address steveland, I'll be up there tomorrow :D

ApeXaviour wrote:
    MAGNUM sized!? As in 1.5L.. Thanks for the address steveland, I'll be up there tomorrow :D
    AFAIK, small possibility it coulda been a 1Lt but I'm fairly sure it was a Magnum, had it in on Monday when I was getting my Hallowe'en booze.

The off licence I work in charges €2.95 for a regular bottle (330ml methinks) which I think is about standard for a bottle of Duvel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Man, Duvel is lovely. Drank it loads in Belgium, alcoholic as fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

I once put a bottle of that stuff in the freezer and forgot about it. all the alcohol went to the top, and one of my mates drank it as adare, not pretty ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Checked out that magnum size duvel in sweeneys...

€21.99!!!

It's a little over 4 bottles volume wise and four bottles cost you less than 12 euro so... I bought four bottles instead :D

Yeh we got 750CL bottles in in work the other day, €6.99 each.

Unit price (price per litre) is around €9, unit price of regular (330ml) bottles is around €8

Same thing as the Hoegaarden 330CL and 750CL bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

Thought I'd bump this instead of starting a new thread. Anywhere good to buy a crate of 24?

Also, apart from reelbeer.ie , what other online stores are there? RB seems to have forgotten we are in a recession and are still very expensive!

mal

ps I know the thread says Dublin, but maybe expand a bit to Meath or louth if there's somewhere cheaper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Dunnes Stores €2.85 a bottle

Advertisement