Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Truth

Options
  • 09-10-2005 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

You want the truth.
    you want to look inside.
    And see what lies;
    Lies behind these eyes.

Cold, and hard as stone
    Never show an emotion
    Hiding scars
    Deep to the bone.

Find the knife
    Grab it tight.
    Watch as my rich red boold
    Flows into the night.

You see that;
    That, is my truth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I was thinking that I could relate to this poem, but I don't think anyone is out to spill my blood... :eek: hehe... good imagery.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Well that bit is kinda like, you're saying, "You think you know me, but yet you've no idea what sh!t is going on in my life.. yada yada yada" No teen angst comments please!
    Thanx anyway me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

good work Rachie....little graphic but whatever.
    And as you know, I can't give teenage angst comments. You've seen my stuff.

not you really I'm just waiting for some sarky git not the sarky but a sarky git to slag the cutting bit as being teen angst, and if you think that's graphic you haven't read any of my real work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Le Rack wrote:
    Well that bit is kinda like, you're saying, "You think you know me, but yet you've no idea what sh!t is going on in my life.. yada yada yada" No teen angst comments please!
    Thanx anyway me thinks

Ah I see... well in that case, I have felt like that... :rolleyes: And I like your work... sorry, didn't mean to come across like I didn't... :(

;)

• Advertisement

no, you're grand, I think most people can relate to something like that...

Thanx! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

little graphic but whatever.

didnt think a poem could be too graphic, never mind a little graphic....dont know what context you meant it in though,

i like it, again simple easy to read and understand, well done again

i have read some of your stuff, but i think you shielded my eyes against the over pg stuff...ahh....

the stuff like
    "Wish I was a bird, could fly and fly away from here, never stop until my wings give out and collapse in a motled ruffled heap somewhere. Somewhere in the Sahara, so I could burn and fry. Hear my cooking flesh sizzle and crack. And once again I'm back"

somethin like that....vague memory of you flicking pages so i wouldn't encounter too much angst...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cjs19

Can I ask what the purpose of the spilling blood part is and what effect youre trying to achieve? Aside from teenage angst it seems people are all too willing to add blood imagery in their poems for its so called "shock value", but to date I have never seen any use of dark, blood imagery that is effective since Shakespeare or at least Poe. Everything else seems a little forced or fake. It's like Hollywood poetry. Not saying your poem is, just want to know your objective?

okay, right, I wrote that after my mam lectured me for an hour about like everything possible. And my parents are the type that don't believe in privacy so I do my utmost to have mine. So they're always checking up on me and always have to know every detail of where I am who I'm with, all that stuff. Before someone says "They're just concerned" or "Well you should talk to them" you don't know the full in's and out's so please don't.

But she had lectured me anyway about not knowing me and yada yada, so I wrote that. The blood reference is to do a lot with depression something my parents don't know I have, and because of that you can never really know me cuz there is always gonna be some darker place that I will go, and then there's the aspect of manic depressants cutting ot release some of it, which would also tie in, I don't but nearly slit my wrists once or twice....

Sorry not much of an explanation, but it's just one of those things!
    Thanx for the interest anyway!

Advertisement