Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Simple Thing

Options
  • 09-10-2005 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

You handed me that,
    That small simple thing;
    To you it meant nothing
    To me a whole world.
    It was then with that,
    That you drew me right in;
    I couldn't let go.
    And never will.
    Thank you for that,
    That small simple thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I'm not sure what you're talking about specifically here, but I think we have all felt this emotion at one time or another. Thanks for sharing :)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I don't even know what I was talking about a thte time myself but I think it was just a really simple and heartfelt gesture that showed so much more than was expected as regards feelings and emotions for someone, and the broadness of it does allow anyone to relate to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

HMMM...Do I detect a lollipop story here???

no

just asking. Similarities...

• Advertisement

ever think the thing could be metaphorical rather than physical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Le Rack wrote:
    ever think the thing could be metaphorical rather than physical?

Sure. Why not? Maybe the person didn't give something physically to you; it could have been a kind word, gesture or action.

Tis a very sweet poem.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Indeed. Thumbs up etc ;)

thanx guys!
    That comment was directed at Lilmiss with her reference to the lollipop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I like this. The emotions in it are very well portrayed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

i like it too, well done, simple and effective, works very well!! i can see what littlemiss was hinting at to be fair, i think the poem works much better thinking of it as a on physical thing.

Yeah, I know what she meant, and I can see why like, it's just that it really has nothing to do with that and in my mind the story behind it you could say, there were loads of "small simple things" some were gestures and some were actual physical things, it's hard to explain I geuss the way I want to but it's still clear... I'm gonna shut up now... thanx though!

yeah rach- its a really good poem and i can now see what you're getting at...it does have similarities but it just occured to me that you were'nt quite thankful of the lollipop...

What?! I still have the lollipop! You want it!

the poem started on the thought of a really stupid little physical thing which got me thinking of the really meaningful, semmingly stupid little gesturey things...

the lollipop is yours rach...just don't eat it...it'd get rid of the evidence\!!!

Advertisement