Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 12-09-2001 11:56pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just been assigned as a Moderator for this board, mainly because of my Interest in mapping, and for my valiant (But failed) attempt at getting a Mapping Forum...

And so I'll be directing my efforts towards livening up this board, mainly with Mappings Subjects, Links and Custom Map discussions.

A lot of people are tying their hand at mapping, and quite a few community members have submitted lots of information, map pictures and custom maps + other things in various other boards BAR this one. I've made a few maps myself for HalfLife, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Kingpin, CS & TFC - If anyone is into map making, why not give us some info on your recent work? Maybe we could all chip in and make our own Mod, or even do mapping projects together - It's your call...

http://www.counter-strike.net

If you want to see some of the brilliant talent out there, check out the mapping forum on the Official Counter-Strike site. Some of the maps in production are truly amazing, and it's a good place to ask questions in-relation to your mapping needs, or simply to learn how to map from scratch.

Hopefully we'll see some action going on here - Im currently working on two CS maps at the moment, but the r_speeds are quite horrendous, so I'll be making other maps from scratch soon. If you have any ideas etc, drop me a line...

You can catch me at RopeDrink@another.com, or you could just post here :D

Have fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

rope, put in a few good words and get me mod'ship of this board..

gwan
    gwan i say!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Im not here to issue admin to other people, im here to represent the mapping side of the board...

I've been told there is another admin here, and Considering how underused this board is at the moment, even two moderaters is too much...

If you want to ask for adminshinp that bad (I don't see why you'd need it) email cloud - It is of no business of mine...

Advertisement