Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictive speech on the future of mankind

Options
  • 09-10-2005 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

I do not support the following statement.

Fellow Humans!

Religion is a survival mechanism of humankind, evolved to be a method of self-sustainment, and is not regarded as primitive. Due to our technological development, the possibilities it gives humankind and science, religion is unnecessary and often an unneeded burden to our modern society. We are immersing in a new area, a higher level of the human mind and our understanding of the Universe, where are our minds are taught gradually to rely on the rules of science - the true enlightenment and the only.
    We rely on human reason and logic.

Religious individuals are therefore traitors or poor victims of insane dogmatic indotrination. They should therefore be executed, that statement being based on the idea that an elite of illuminated researchers and scientists exercise darwinism in social life. After the possible finding of the "God-gene" we must prepare to modify the genome of the human population and mercilessly eradicate genes that may create individuals with a leaning towards supernatural faith.

We are intellectually capable and therefore obliged to implement laws and regulations world-wide that prevent inheritance of the God-gene to reproduce and the present population to be genetically scrutinized. Religious people must be removed and we must not allow these these individuals to survive.

We will start in the West and walk in the front as an example for the rest of the world!

Now... What specifically distinguishes Man from other animals is empathy, the ability to emotionally relate to or feel for another person experiences. This is a precious gift and has contributed to the survival of the human race, but it has also inhibited us of helping evolution on its course towards perfection. We allow for the retarded and weaker persons to survive and live a "worthy" life. This quality has slackened our strength to look forward and save humankind from genetic weaknesses. Now we must cease this!

With our Intellectual Superiority we must rise above the Weak. We must abide by the Laws of Nature: the survival of the fittest! and live our lives the way we were called by Nature! I call upon every capable individual to lay down his empathy and let his evolutionary urges prevail! We shall overcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yawn. That sort of thing has already been debated to death here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Oh my god, where did you pull this **** out of! What the f*ck!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That call to arms reminds of the scene in Blazing Saddles where all the stereotypical "bad guys" are lining up to join the posse being hired to destroy the town.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

Vangelis wrote:
    I do not support the following statement.

Fellow Humans!

Religion is a survivial mechanism of humankind,

I have a better idea.
    Let's kill off all the people that cannot spell instead.
    :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If it was at least coherantly written I could agree with the logic it's trying to put forth. However, even someone as ruled by logic as I am has enough empathy to know that while logically correct, the theory is morally bankrupt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

It is coherently written in my opinion, but that is not the point. It is the MESSAGE that is important.

simu.. *German-English accent*: Vat? Vere? I don't zee any posts on zis topick!

As for where this speech came from, I will not tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's not from Mein Kampf or something is it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Vangelis wrote:
    As for where this speech came from, I will not tell.
    Probably better off not lending creedence to whatever loon thought it up in his basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

In a word: drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We are intellectually capable and therefore obliged
    Flaw in the logic. Just because you are capable of doing something, doesn't mean you're obliged to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Thread locked. OP did not post source of statement or own opinion.

Vangelis, if I have to deal with one of your threads again I'm going to ban you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement