Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

william street

Options
  • 08-10-2005 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

does anybody here liek william street? its one of the busiest streets in limerick, but i just dont like it, teh footpaths are way too small, its always filthy, too many knackers around, always bumping into people......anybody else think this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Its the btw

And yes it's a horrible street, like many others in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Only the portion of William street from its junction with O'connell Street to the Limerick Sports store are crowded. I wouldnt say it is the busiest street in the city, I would probaly have given that title to cruises street.

I don't particularly like william street. it is pretty drab and the buildings are old and tired looking.

The quality of the shops isnt too great either.

Pacifico wrote:
    Its the btw

And yes it's a horrible street, like many others sin Limerick

i lol'ed at you pulling the OP on his typing mistake and then making one yourself :D

i edited just after i posted it

Which the OP hasnt done :D

happy now?

• Advertisement

Yes i can sleep now, Thanks Billy ;)

btw you shouldn't have to tidy up after lazy posters:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

tired is the perfect word to describe William street, the shops are tatty and their fronts are unkempt, the upper stories of most of the buildings are dirty and unkept, the traffic is always busy, there is absolutely nothing attractive about William Street. The sooner it is renovated the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

is it to be renevated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Nope, well it wont get a benfit from the pedistrainisition of the city!
    They have to do something to brighten it up though!
    Also the plan is to shuffle all south bound traffic up William Street when O'Connall's Street is pedistrainised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Pavements and street furniture and new street lights will be on Williams street

movement and tidying up of the taxi?buses spaces
    and as far as i know the street is under the same plan as O'Connells street and for buses and public transport

there is a lot of buildings open up for redevelopment so things could improve on that street too.

• Advertisement

Really where did u hear that?

Pretty sure I heard that too. It badly needs it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

http://www.archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?t=3946&page=11&pp=25

Here's a referral a link to the Limerick thread on the architecture board, in relation to the pedstrainisation plans and there is a full pic uploaded on the next page or so I think, Its interesting to see that your not so familiar to the Limerick thread..... :rolleyes:

The Overall Williams street plan, will also lead to the surrounding lanes & Alleys between cruises street and Catherine street connecting Wiliams street which are to be fully pedstrianised :)

Btw there are some fantastic buildings on the street but are totally in dissaray and left rotting to the core. Its totolly a shambles from going to Limericks other premier shopping street in the 1900s to to just a (sorry) drab, dreary,smelly,nacker street and dirty.

Like there is no way of crossing that street unless you get run over at least twice! there is hardly any safe crossings up that street either :eek:

There are numerous amount of building on that street that are up for sale.

to be fair that thread is 17 pages long and even you couldnt link to the correct post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Most of the time its dull and full of buses they need to do something with it imo becuase being so near cruises and o connel st it has a lot of potential

True!
    Sorry that actually is my fault, I actually have that pic on my PC... I've studied it a few times too! I forgot about William street because traffic wise it doesnt change anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i never liked william street tbh, just today walking down it, i was thinking how bad it is

The thing is there's few shops there to attract the casual shopper, where would you go for impulse buying on William street? It doesn't have that atmosphere.

Advertisement