Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackson wins Halo franchise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

SWEEEEET! Idea wise great, but it could turn out to be another lara croft sh1t film type. HOPEFULLY it will be better with jackson at the helm but you never know..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

you can hear the sighs of relief all around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well at least the graphics/production side will be excellent. i'm still worried the story will result in a bad script... time will tell i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

He's only the producer! (i.e. as the guy who stumps up with cash and oversees general production), they could still end up getting a guy dressed in a clown suit as the director!.

Personally, I'd like to see "Ron Howards Halo" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah but his company WETA (I think?!!) is in charge of effects, which will be cool. He'll probably have a say in casting too, or some input and that should be a good thing (although I'm still not sure about his gamble with Jack Black).
    This is looking promising, but it's far too early to get your hopes up just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Word on the vine is that weta are doing all effects and production of this baby. Jackson as producer and in some sort of way directing consultant. The overall director hasn't yet being named but in an interview recently Jackson didn't rule it out when asked. However I'd love to see either Cameron or Scott... that woudl rock.

The fact that weta and jackson are in charge of effects at least gives us some amazing shots, think sweeping camera style of lotr only throw in a big space shot rather than helms deep and a big halo.... nice...

Advertisement