Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: A Day in the Life

Options
  • 08-10-2005 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Has anyone heard Help: A Day in the life yet??

Despite the slating review on Pitchfork I think its deadly, got it as a present and have only listened to it once but it seems really lovely, artists on it include Radiohead (: , The Coral, BLoc Party, The Zutons, Elbow, Belle And Sebastian, Damien Rice and The Magic Numbers.

Anyway I'd really recommend it, interested to know if anyone else has heard it what they think. It's for a really good cause too helping kids affected by war so I wish people wouldn't be so cynical about it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Bip wrote:
    Despite the slating review on Pitchfork I think its deadly

I wouldn't give a toss what Pitchfork say. They're all up their own asses there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

John2 wrote:
    I wouldn't give a toss what Pitchfork say. They're all up their own asses there anyway.

I'll admit Pitchfork can be up their own arses a lot of the time but they have turned me on to so much good music in the past I'm willing to forgive them for the odd lapse or two....
    The trick is to combine their opinions with the likes of stylus, cmg and the hundreads of mp3 blogs out their, said the gramaphone, fluxblog, ttikdt etc...

I like the new Help album though...bar the poor covers (Kaiser Chiefs...) some of the new material that's been donated has been pretty strong....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'll admit Pitchfork can be up their own arses a lot of the time but they have turned me on to so much good music in the past I'm willing to forgive them for the odd lapse or two....

I've had some all too personal experience with them. They're jerks. But that doesn't really matter if you get good music out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

John2 wrote:
    I've had some all too personal experience with them. They're jerks. But that doesn't really matter if you get good music out of them.

I'm intrigued......how so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah in fairness, it's for a good cause so worth a few quid for that alone, but it's such a strong line-up not just a few big names and filler...and lots of tracks too, chances are there's gonna be at least 5 or 6 tracks that most people are going to love. and radiohead & belle & seb, my two fave bands are one it so... :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tiddlywinks

And the Radiohead song is class isn't it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

i just downloaded the damien rice track which is pretty cool he and lisa sing like an octave lower or something. its cool.

Advertisement