Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

showers and fireplaces

Options
  • 07-10-2005 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Ok whats the best place to get an electirc showerin waterford?they have to install it as well.

Also where is the best place for fire places(the wooden part i.e the mantle piece and the pillery things along the side .

any help will be much appreciated.cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

Also where is the best place for fire places(the wooden part i.e the mantle piece and the pillery things along the side .

any help will be much appreciated.cheers.

Not sure I can help with the shower, but as for fireplaces, I would suggest Super Savers (I think!) in the Jute factory in Tycor. Really good deals and good quality stuff. The fire places are right down the back of the shop.

Good tip to know - the price on the tag is to be ignored! The guy in there will bargain with you. I bought one recently there. Price tag was 750. Paid 500 for the lot including marble surround, hearth etc. Free delivery too. They have a guy who will install it in about 90 mins and he costs 150. Worth it though. Nice finish and fully insulated. Personally, I wouldn't go near any of the more well known fireplace shops in Waterford. Waaaayyyy too expensive!!

Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We recently had to get a new shower and we tried everywhere in Waterford and eventually found Morris's of all places to be the cheapest @ €269 for a Triton T90i.

As for installation, they won't install it for you but you could ring up any electrician in the phone book and get a quote off them.

Paddy Powers Plumbing and Electrical on thr 6 cross roads would also be able to recommend someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

MrMagoo wrote:
    Not sure I can help with the shower, but as for fireplaces, I would suggest Super Savers (I think!) in the Jute factory in Tycor. Really good deals and good quality stuff. The fire places are right down the back of the shop.

Good tip to know - the price on the tag is to be ignored! The guy in there will bargain with you. I bought one recently there. Price tag was 750. Paid 500 for the lot including marble surround, hearth etc. Free delivery too. They have a guy who will install it in about 90 mins and he costs 150. Worth it though. Nice finish and fully insulated. Personally, I wouldn't go near any of the more well known fireplace shops in Waterford. Waaaayyyy too expensive!!

Good luck ;)

cheers man where is this place?

and thanks aswell to murderer.did you find the guy that installed your shower was good? if so could you pm me his info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ya he's a friend of ours, I would pm you his info but he recently found out he has cancer so isn't really doing much Electrical work as of late!

cheers man where is this place?

Hmmm..being a newbie to Waterford, I will try to explain as best I can.
    If you are coming from Paddy Brownes road toward the GAA Walsh park, take a left at the roundabout (Keanes Road?). Then take the first right (opposite the cash and carry), then next left. You'll see a run down looking factory thing surrounded with gates on the right. Just inside the gates is the shop. I think its called Super Savers or something similar. There is normally a red van outside. One of those places you have to seek out. It really doesn't advertise itself at all.

Let me know if that doesn't help and I'll get actual road names etc from a real Waterford head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I still dont know where it is ,more detail would be great ,cheers.

I still dont know where it is ,more detail would be great ,cheers.

Tell me where you are coming from and I will try to direct you ;)

Advertisement