Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will it cost???

Options
  • 12-09-2001 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend and myself are looking to rent out a double room in a house or a one-bedroom apartment in Dublin.
    At the moment we are only trying to find out how much this will cost, as we are currently living and studying in England.
    We are looking to move to Dublin in 2 years or so and although prices will undoubtedly change in the next couple of years we would just like to figure out the costs involved in renting accommodation.

So if anyone is currently renting anything similar at the moment please let me know how much we will have to pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

as you said yourself there is no point in even trying to budget or make plans on moving here if you dont intend to be here for the next couple of years, i have heard stories of ppl's rent being raised two and three times in a year. Also you would need to specify where you would like to move too as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Rents in Dublin around from 160 per person per month, to 500 pp,pm.. somewhere in the middle is what you're talking about, maybe the 250 mark. Check out Little Figments post below.

GL,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can expect to spend £500 to £1000 on a one bed apartment - that is how great the variation is.

You could do a house share - depending on how you structure it, you could end up paying rent for 'one-and-a-half' people instead of two (as it would only be one room).

Forget council housing, the list is about 50,000 long and will take up to 10 years to clear.

Each individual would be entitled to an income tax credit of £1,000 per year @ 20%. This would reduce your joint rent by £400 per year. Relocation costs up to a certain limit are tax free. See the 'Individuals' heading in the FAQ section of http://www.revenue.ie/

If you purchase a house you may be entitled to a grant of £3,000. and about an income tax credit of about £5,000 per year @ 20%. This would reduce your mortgage by £1,000 per year. See the 'Lifetime Events' heading in the FAQ section of http://www.revenue.ie/

Relocation costs up to a certain limit (about £4,000) are tax free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

As Victor just put to you there any thing now can go for as little as £500 to £1000 even 400 is the lowest I have seen but apart from that allways think in the back of ur head all good things come to those who wait ;)

Advertisement