Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volt mod; Any takers

Options
  • 06-10-2005 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭

Any body in dublin capable of doing a volt mod on a msi x850xt? This includes vcore, mem core,,etc. Might be worth there while. I think i saw something about Gline doing it to his, but hes in hospital.

I am asking this because I dont trust my own soldering skills.
    Its going under a maze4 with 1/2inch connections so Im not worried bout heat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Send it to ViperJohn, no-one is better than him.
    I don't know anyone here who has done more than a pencil-mod to their card, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Forgive my ignorance, but who is viperjohn and where do I find him. Also any idea of price. Btw are you the same wizard who posted on xtremesystems telling me to do the zalman heatsink mod on a dfi-nf4 chipset. Thx for that if you were.

Yep, I am ;)

ViperJohn can be found on XS (I think). He does many, many voltmods to ATI cards and is generally regarded as the best at them.

He doesn't charge much and will send it back to you clocked as high as you will ever get it. He's based in the US so you'd have to pay shipping etc. As I said, I don't know anyone in Dublin/Ireland who has done them, but I'm sure someone is capable of it!

<edit>Here's his web-page</edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thx wizard.

No problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement