Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was bored and thought this...

Options
  • 06-10-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

GFX cards have HSFs on them we all know, these days they all look very fancy n light up with magical graphics on them.... the only thing is everyone i know(and i'd say over 90% of people who buy gfx cards) have tower cases.. So if u have ur nice towercase with a window n u put ur brand new gfx card in with its nice blue pcb n fancy HSF why is it the HSF faces down??? U can't see it unless u put a mirror in the bottom of ur case(just thought of that ;) ) I know there's prob an obvious reason for it but it just makes no sense to me to put all that effort into something that doesn't really get seen....

God im bored :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Having just reseated my car after 1 year old fidding i totally agree with you, its got fire and stuff on the fan why cant i see it tru the window....

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I think we should turn our cases upside down once a week just so the people who put so much time n effort into designing the HSFs feel like ther job is worthwhile....(apart from all the free gfx cards they get)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Get a WTX case like mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

where would i get mirrored perspex ?????? only joking ross "but then again :rolleyes: "
    i could hook up some kind of projector and super impose the under image to face downwards and sitting on the top of the GPU "like a haologram "
    but then how will i get back to the past ....you are now entering the twilight zone ....gotta stop smokeing them none tipped ciggies
    God i need a hoiliday !!!!!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

dubdvd wrote:
    where would i get mirrored perspex ??????
    Hehe, AC Ryan released some on Wednesday ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

time you combined another piece of furniture with a pc!!!!

how about a lazy boy with a nice swing around desk thingy for the screen and keyboard???

It does seem a bit daft that the standard hsf on most cards doesnt blow air out of the case alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

dubdvd wrote:
    where would i get mirrored perspex ??????

Get ordinary perspex and apply silver and black backing sheets.
    I'm planning to do a rather extravagant window mod. The pieces are starting to fall into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Did it before in my stacker....made it look evan bigger inside ( if thats possible ;) ) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/combatcow/StackerLan.jpg

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

This has bothered me for ages, surely they should be blowing the hot air upwards too? At least towards the vast majority of case fans?

Advertisement