Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum

Options
  • 06-10-2005 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, myself an d a few buddies are heading down to a gig in The Forum on Saturday. We'll be there kinda early, so is there any place half decent to get a bite to eat (pizza perhaps?), and a bar to watch the Ireland game in?

Also, we are coming from Cork. Is The Forum on the far side or close side?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tony's is beside The Forum. Coney Island isnt to bad of a Pizzarea but thats a bit far away (tho they do deliveries). Should be plenty of bars nearby.

Far side I think. Tis down running parallel to the end of the "Key" (cant spell it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sully04 wrote:
    Tony's is beside The Forum. Coney Island isnt to bad of a Pizzarea but thats a bit far away (tho they do deliveries). Should be plenty of bars nearby.

Far side I think. Tis down running parallel to the end of the "Key" (cant spell it)

If your getting the bus down the forum is only around a 2min walk from the station.

Food wise - as sully mentioned - also The bally bricken takeaway is close by (nice stuff) a lfew of chinese takeaways (jumbo's probably the best), johnny walkers (some say they're the best chipper in waterford) and other miscellaneous take aways all in close range to the forum.

Pubs nearby include -
    • The Showboat (pool table(s))
    • Alfies (best for sports)
    • Whispers (lap dancing club)
    • The Tap Room (ok)
    • Drohans (not going to be anything on when ye're in - might be music later)
    • Caulfields (used to be a student hotspot - not so much recently)
    There are more but i cant think of them at the moment.

Hope this helps - any other questions feel free to PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Thanks a mill. That should be all the info we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Enjoy it, the forum is changing from music venue to a restaurant in the new year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

KevIRL wrote:
    Enjoy it, the forum is changing from music venue to a restaurant in the new year :eek:

Some size of a restuarant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

A restaurant, you're not serious, why? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

KevIRL wrote:

WHAT? When, who, what? Where will everything be on? We've enough restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

for real?

that would be a massive restaurant. sure its not just one part is turning into a night club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shame such a great venue goes to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Apparently it's just downstairs (stage 1) that's becoming a restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Gadgie wrote:
    Apparently it's just downstairs (stage 1) that's becoming a restaurant.

yip, stage two will be kept as a nightclub, thank GOD :)

Advertisement