Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Bypass

Options
  • 06-10-2005 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

From WLRFM.com News

Wednesday, October 5th 2005
    =======================

Work on the second river crossing in Waterford will be begin immediately after the signing of contracts

The second river crossing, also know as the Waterford by-pass, will comprise of 22 kilometres of dual carrigaeway and willl link into

Progress on building the bridge was delayed following the discovery of significant viking archaelogical site in the path of the original route.

However Senior Project manager with the NRA John Fitzsimmons says work will begin
    early next year, immediately after the signing of contracts.
    =============================================

I'll believe it when I see it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

yea great 22 km of dual carriage with a 60 limit great idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i feel the limit will increase to 80 (hopefully 100) in the future but dont hold your breath on this starting early next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

I fuppin hope so, been waiting to see this bridge be built my whole life it feels like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Is this the bridge that waterford city council use in their logo? At least it shows they are thinking ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well Martin Cullen said it will definetly happen so it must be true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

kano476 wrote:
    Is this the bridge that waterford city council use in their logo? At least it shows they are thinking ahead.

No. The logo (if you look closely) is the Plaza on the Quay. Bit stoopid to use it. Most people don't know what it is. Stick with the crest I say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

http://www.spraoi.com/waterford_city_council_logo.jpg

looks like a bridge to me, and the yokes in the plaza slope up the way not down.

why do i care?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Anyone know when the new road at Gracedieu (which has been ready for some time), will be opening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It opens on Friday. Gosh two new roads in the space of two weeks!

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Quigs Snr wrote:
    Anyone know when the new road at Gracedieu (which has been ready for some time), will be opening ?

What new road by Gracedieu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Between gracedieu and the industrial estate (looks like it might link to the new ring at some point)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

Once the link is in place it will make getting to Rice Bridge from the DUmore Road area far easier then going via the quay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Bards wrote:
    Once the link is in place it will make getting to Rice Bridge from the DUmore Road area far easier then going via the quay

Can you only imagine the traffic in Gracedieu? And that bottleneck by Bolger's Pub??!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

Freddie59 wrote:
    Can you only imagine the traffic in Gracedieu? And that bottleneck by Bolger's Pub??!! :eek:

Hang a left from the new road and go around by Bilberry instead of hanging a right and going down Morley Terrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Bards wrote:
    Hang a left from the new road and go around by Bilberry instead of hanging a right and going down Morley Terrace

Not a bad idea. But I'm sure everyone else will do that! Imagine Bilberry then! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Quigs Snr wrote:
    Between gracedieu and the industrial estate (looks like it might link to the new ring at some point)

Eh isnt GraceDieu on the Tramore Road? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's also at the "top of the town" in Waterford, near the Tycor area!

Advertisement