Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upbeat toe-tappin' music mix ideas?

Options
  • 06-10-2005 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

A friend asked me to put together a few hours of music to have on (in the background really) at a party.
    It's not to be overbearing but definitely upbeat. Not dance but the faster, more driving end of 'indie' or pop or rock or whatever..... happy and good basically.

A random selection of what I have so far is-

'Not Even Jail' by Interpol - 'Chicago' by Sufjan Stevens and a track or two by -the Go! Team -The Sleepy Jackson -Belle and Sebastian -Moloko -The Shins - the White Stripes
    I hope that gives you an idea?

can anyone think of any specific tracks that fit the bill that they'd include, but that I might not have heard of? (fast, happy, 'indie')
    There must be loads, I'd really appreciate any ideas.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

So, basically music for people who hate music...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

what does that mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

brendan benson, modest mouse, ben folds five, cake, pixies, weezer, ramones.... stuff like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Music that may as well not be there at all? Music that no one will react to either way except to help partygoers look like they're having a good time?

Though, I'm glad you didn't mention Coldplay.

Throw on loads of Yo la Tengo, Velvet Underground, Sunn o))) and Wolf Eyes for the laugh, Les Georges Leningrad, Sleater Kinney, Fugazi, Black Eyes, Talking Heads, Blonde Redhead, Deerhoof, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Comets on Fire, Battles, Mudoney, Gang of Four, The Pop Group, Boxes, OXES, Hella, Sonic Youth, Guided By Voices, Dinosaur Junior, American Analog Set, Neu!, Can, Galaxie 500, June of 44, Pavement, Les Savy Fav, y'know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

yes Smurfpiss - stuff exactly like that... there's already Modest Mouse and the Pixies on there, thanks for the others - I'll look in to them.

Dadakopf - why would I mention Coldplay?

I want the music to be like in this pub I used to love going to in London which has a great jukebox but which wasn't so loud that you couldn't talk too (maybe shout) It was quite rowdy, there'd always be really good music on, but you'd go there to chat.

I've gotten a few hours worth of stuff I'm happy enough with, but would like ideas beyond what I already know.

Thanks for your other suggestions, i've only heard of about half of them - I'll look in to them too....

• Advertisement
Advertisement