Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaying Quickstep and noise proofing

Options
  • 06-10-2005 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I have Quickstep floorboards laid on standard white deal boards on the first floor of my house. The problem is that the noise between ground and first floors is excessive and I was hoping to dampen this down by taking up the Quickstep and laying noise proofing and then relaying the Quickstep. 2 questions really:

1. Is it difficult to take the Quickstep up and to relay it again?
    2. What noise proofing would you recommed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

I just bought some new laminate flooring from McGowans in Airside and the guy selling it told me to buy the better underlay as it provides superior sound proofing and less bounce when walking on the floor . I havent laid it yet so cant tell you if its any good but it looks a lot better than what i previously had down its about 4 or 5 mm thick with foil backing . You can buy a DIY installation kit in B&Q comes with knee pads wedges a pull and drift bar
    all necessary if you want the perfect fit .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Goldbond is the name of the heavy duty Underlay, it is black, very heavy and has a gold foil backing.
    It is very good for impact sound reduction.

Advertisement