Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price check: Second hand Powerbook 15"

Options
  • 06-10-2005 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

There's some rumours of new Powerbooks out soon, with minor speedbumps. One of the major rumours is a HD version of the 17" Powerbook, with a 1920x1080 resolution.

If this comes to pass, I'll probably sell my current Powerbook and pick up that.

I'm wondering how much I should expect to get for it? It's the latest factory-default 15" Superdrive, upgraded to a gig of third-party RAM, and would come with a sleeve and a screen protector. It was bought on May 12th. I have a Tiger Upgrade DVD for it and the original packaging and box contents. The condition of it is great - zero visible scratches.

So, any ideas for how much I'd get for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

What is its processor speed and disk capacity? Any included software other than the vanilla system? Any dead pixels?

Thanks,

Hugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Specs:
    15.2-inch TFT display
    1280x854 resolution
    1.67GHz PowerPC G4
    512MB DDR333 memory upgraded to 1 gigabyte
    80GB Ultra ATA/100
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (64MB DDR)
    Enhanced Backlit keyboard
    Gigabit Ethernet
    FireWire 400 & 800
    2 USB 2
    Analog audio in/out
    DVI & S-Video out

No dead pixels I can find. Software included is the same that comes bundled with any new Mac - iLife '05, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner, etc.

pm sent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Just Half,
    I could just be interested in buying that from you instead of going for a Mac mini.

Lemmie know,
    Cheers,
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Hey I'm definitely interested in this if it goes for the right price. I need a powerbook for college and I have a buyer for my IBook so let me know what you can do

• Advertisement

Will keep you posted.

JustHalf wrote:
    Will keep you posted.

Dave are you waiting till tomorrow evening? Do keep us posted.

HC

Sure will.

I should be selling my that Powerbook in a couple of weeks. I'll be looking for 1850, including a sleeve (Crumpler School Hymn 15, Black - selling for 50 quid in the Apple store) and a screen protector (worth around 20 euros).

Again, excellent nick, great machine -- I just want a 17" :)

I should mention that, as this is a machine I bought for my business (I'm a sole-trader) this price includes VAT. If you're registered for VAT, this brings the price "down" to 1529 euro ex VAT.

• Advertisement
Advertisement