Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Security

Options
  • 05-10-2005 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Woke up on Sunday morning to discover my third vehicle over the last five years stolen from my driveway.

Sick and tired off this now, can someone tell me where I can purchase one of those steel poles that are secured in the centre of the driveway directly behind the car? Are they useful? Are they difficult to install?

Has anyone else any tips to secure your vehicle from thieving scum.

Cheers,

Very pee'd off.
    :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bollards are expensive and awkward to install.
    You will need to kango the concrete where you plan to put the Bollard, checking of course that no power or sewerpipes run under your drive...
    You could always get one of those detachable steering wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

A bit extreem but you could connect up point to point beams across your driveway into your alarm system & set it up that they are only on at night time.( So the postman etc doesn't set it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Looking at your location, there was a Gent on the Blakestown Road who made gates, security posts and automatic gate openers, might be worth a trip down that way.

The posts are not expensive but they are only as good as the fitting, I have seen them fitted tight to the back bumper to prevent the thieves getting any run back at them.

If you have a concrete driveway there is a post that can be fixed with bolts and they lie down for the cars coming in and out, they must be stood upright to prevent people falling over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Do you have your own front garden or is it connected to your neighbours?
    No point in getting a post if they can just drive over the grass and out your neighbours drive... just something to be aware off
    I think the steering lock is your best bet, chances are they will just go somewhere else for their car...

• Advertisement
Advertisement