Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Parking in Sligo

Options
  • 05-10-2005 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

My mother is going into Sligo hospital on Monday for three days.

She's driving up but is worried that it will not be safe for her to leave her car in the hospital car park for three days and two nights. I won't mention what she drives, but it is sporty, only a year old, and might be "sought after".

Would the hospital be safe enough or should she look elsewhere? Somewhere near the hospital would be ideal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

I'd say the Hospital would be the safest bet, there is a car park not too far away on Connaughton Road....

...AVOID IT BY ALL MEANS!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 obj99

I'd say the car would be safe enough in the hospital carpark.
    The only problem is that carpark is very expensive, a total rip-off in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

obj99 wrote:
    I'd say the car would be safe enough in the hospital carpark.
    The only problem is that carpark is a total rip-off (something like 1.50 Euro for 2 hours parking).

I was wondering about the cost. Must ring the hospital to see if they do any sort long stay parking deal for patients. The was a bit of a commotion about this at Letterkenny GH, patients in for extended periods and getting huge parking bills when they came out, but I don't know if anything was ever done about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

safe parking in sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

sse is that where the knackers caravans are in that carpark b4 u turn down at cullensbar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Car park at the hospital is covered by euro car parks and its 2.20 euro for 4 hours. Yes it is expensive. I'm sure they have all day tickets...something could be sorted out very easily the guys that run it are dead on. I be over there regularly and had a few problems with the tickets sorted out in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

roykeane16 wrote:
    sse is that where the knackers caravans are in that carpark b4 u turn down at cullensbar

I'm not sure where Cullen's bar is, is that the pub on Bridge Street?

Well anyway, dunno 'bout the pub, but it is the car park with all the caravans on (and beside) it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

My dad had to stay in the hospital for a few days. He had a word with the car parking attendants and they let him park in the staff car park. So I would suggest having a word with them.
    Hope your mum gets on OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

do you know where bootleggers is its up form that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 slugger05

The Guys that look afetr the car park in sligo hospital are as sound as you will meet. They seem to be aware that the people trying to park are in some instances going through tough times, and are in my experience courtueous and polite.
    If you need to arrange extended arrangements with them there is never any problem. Thats my experience with them anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement