Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon X1000 Series Reviews (R520)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

The cooling on the X1600 looks pathetic compared with the X1800, that my 2c, i just like the pictures :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Once they get the drivers up to speed they should have a product on a par with Nvidia it would seem, which is a good thing - it'd be an awful shame if there was only one gpu developer in the market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yeah, but there's nothing available. Looks like the availability date for the X1800XL is October 11th/12th and the X1800XT is November 5th :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

*sigh*

Seems the cards are once against seperated by the games on which they will be used. ATi once again rule the roost with the Source engine but nVidia crush them with the Doom 3 engine....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Who still plays doom3 or any mod for it?

Anyway Ati seem to have the image quality crown again. Their AA and AF are supeior to Nvidias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

BloodBath wrote:

Anyway Ati seem to have the image quality crown again. Their AA and AF are supeior to Nvidias.
    I'm about to buy a new card but that's making me think to wait for the Ati cards alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

BloodBath wrote:

Me. Nvidia all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It has nothing to do with Doom 3 per say, its the engine that counts. Look at the likes Chronicles Of Riddick and the forthcoming Quake IV and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, all examples of games where nVidia will have a major advantage.
    As for ATi, sure they have an advantage with the Source engine but the difference is that the performance difference between the two cards occurs around the 100-120fps section where most people couldnt tell the difference. Oh and at the moment the only major game in development with the Source engine is SiN: Episodes.
    There are other games of course but to be honest in the majority of them its like with the Source engine, the differences only take place at such a level that the average gamer can't tell the difference...

I'm not exactly a major fan of either companies by the way...its more just justifying my purchase at this stage! :D

Advertisement