Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having this problem?

Options
  • 17-10-1999 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

When I'm dialing up (indigo(or)oceanfree), my PC resets itself a few seconds into the modem handshaking.
    Every time it happens I hear the same tone just before it resets back to the BIOS.
    I only experience this with Oceanfree and indigo (mostly with indigo), and it's very annoying...
    Any ideas? (besides an updated BIOS because the computer and modem are brand new)?

Copyright(c) Dildo Corp.(TM) 1999
    All trademarks are the property or their respective owners. If you believe this message is a illegal/pirate copy, please phone weather-dial on: 1550 123854

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Its a lesson learned. Dont buy a PC from Peats. Actually dont buy any computer from an Irish manufacturer. I got a P-100 years ago and I decided to up the chip to a 166. The thing was that the layout of the computer was so bad that the graphics card wouldnt go back into the PCI slot because of the larger heat-sink on the 166. Another thing was that the motherboard was mis-aligned with the slots at the back of the case so I had to turn the cards a bit and I ended up nearly breaking me soundcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Funny you should mention the mis-aligned adapter slots... I nearly cracked my Voodoo3 the other day! sad.gif (bloody fine irish craftsmanship)
    But I've spoken to other ppl that this (modem thingy) has happened to, and I was just wondering how widespread it actualy is?

All trademarks are the property or their respective owners. If you believe this message is an illegal/pirate copy, please phone weather-dial on: 1550 123854

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

my comp that i bought all miss aligned and the one i built just fine but i was putting a modem into one of my firends cpu's and almost broke the thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

The modem would go into one of your friend's PCI slots, not their CPU, that might be where you're going wrong Elexes tongue.gif

Think Once, Think Twice, THINK BIKE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Try manually specifying your modem initialisation string.... its in the manual if your modem is anyway decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

And for those of you that don't have a good modem manual....
    http://www.modems.com/general/mcglossary.html
    This website has all the AT commands you could ever use (and more), also has some other good info on modem related stuff.

All trademarks are the property or their respective owners. If you believe this message is an illegal/pirate copy, please phone weather-dial on: 1550 123854

Advertisement