Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOK dialup

Options
  • 05-10-2005 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi, I am waiting for my new 14" ibook from the states.. will be here 9days an counting!!! anyways.. Not sure how the dialup will work, if i go to a friends house is it just as simple as plugging in the phone and connecting to internet or do i have to input settings??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

In Applications there should be a program called 'Internet Connect', open that and all you have todo is input a few settings(dialup number etc.)

Its pretty straight forward, similar to the IE connection dialog box in Windows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

as BAZH said, you can use the "internet connect" application to setup your connection.

Use the number 1892 150 150, username: eircomnet, password: eircomnet

this is a low-call number and costs the same in any southern county as a local call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

hey cheers, thanx both of ye for that.

Will prob b back again in 9days time with a million other queries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 yuooo

as BAZH said, you can use the "internet connect" application to setup your connection.

Use the number 1892 150 150, username: eircomnet, password: eircomnet

this is a low-call number and costs the same in any southern county as a local call.

i've been trying this with my g4 powerbook, and it doesnt work for me? it dails and sits on the line and then disconnects saying there's a modem error. my modem is set to the defualt, which is the one my computer has (i dunno 56k apple modem v.2 or something). if i change this modem setting it doesnt even dial. so i dont know what's not working? it seems like everythings right, and it dials and gets through, it just wont connect. other people are telling me that this is just something to do with mac and that it just doesnt work with everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

If it's dialling, it's most likely getting a dialtone. Can you get the dialler to pop up a window with the status as it dials?

• Advertisement

gerryk wrote:
    If it's dialling, it's most likely getting a dialtone. Can you get the dialler to pop up a window with the status as it dials?

i dont think so, or if i can i haven't figured out how. it just says modem error at the end, like it never makes the mad squeeling noises or anything, just makes like a dial tone sound

bump!

this is still bothering me, i don't know how to fix it, SOMEone must have gone through this before?

Advertisement