Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport problem

Options
  • 05-10-2005 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I'm unable to access my wireless network from my iMac. My neighbour can connect and surf the web over my connection using my wep key on his Dell laptop. I cannot. If I use the ethernet cable I can get on to the internet. If I try to go wirelessly I get nothing. Where do I begin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JamesSweeney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 jdf

Thanks James - I've been through the apple.com/support/airport pages but they don't have an answer that I in my novicity can decipher. Ok so a little more info - when I try to connect to my wireless network using the Airport Setup Assistant it informs me that eircomxxx xxxx (my network) has a password. When I enter the wep key (which works when we use my neighbours laptop) I get a password incorrect note. Do I need to preface it with $ as mentioned here http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx/.3bb7b893

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

can you connect if you disable encryption on the network?

can you connect to you neighbors laptop in a peer to peer network?
    (create a network on the imac and connect to it from the laptop)

if you're putting a passphrase in you don't need the $ sign at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 jdf

thanks for that

I'm not using a passphrase so I'll do it with the $ and see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, looks like you're using Eircom supplied Broadband Wireless equipment from your post above... when prompted to join the network, from the Wireless Security Drop Down list choose WEP 40/128-bit ASCII option (not just the default WEP Password optoin), and enter the password

• Advertisement
Advertisement