Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'One More Thing..." press even next Wed - Anticipation Thread

Options
  • 04-10-2005 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000707061794/

So Apple released invites to a press event next week to be held in an old restored cinema. The invitation has a set of red curtains on it - for the last event they teased with a jeans pocket on the invite - we now know it was about the iPod nano.
    Because of the clues I pointed out most people seem to think it's the announcement of an iTunes Movies Store and/or iPod video, but updated PowerMacs and PowerBooks are also rumoured.

I'd be more inclined to think it's the video iPod because unless they were major updates to any of the computer lines, they're wouldn't be a press event, and I doubt they'd update before they roll out Intel. Also, the "One More Thing…" sounds like a bombshell iPod announcement to go on-top of last month's that they delayed to not take attention away from the iPod nano.

Engadget just posted AppleInsider thinks it’s a go, they’re reporting that Apple has begun production of a video-capable iPod which could (emphasis on the “could”) be unveiled as early as next week. Supposedly the device is slightly thinner than a 60GB iPod and has a small, nano-like click wheel and a large, high-res color display. - I think this sounds credible; possibly same wheel as nano (remember the 4G's appeared on the mini first), and thinner than the 60GB (the nano was all about thinness).

Go forth and rumour :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭edunon

According to Apple's invitation seems like the iPod video is finally coming, even though Jobs has said many times he wasn't interested.
    A widescreen Powerbook could fit on that invitation's look as well, might call it PB "cinema"...
    But I keep praying for a Newton X, oh god...

Advertisement