Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodworm on Stairs

Options
  • 04-10-2005 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have what appears to be wood worm in the stairs in my house on the steps themselves . How do i know if the woodworm is still there?? would it be on the supports holding the stairs in place??

Was planning on sanding and varnishing the stairs. Will i have to replace the hole stairs and supports and if so is it possiable to buy a pre built stairs there is no banister .

Any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Well the holes indicate that they have eaten out from where they where,its hard to gauge woodworm.Id go along over the stairs with a sharp knife and prod it,if it easily goes in all over the stairs where you prod it,then it can be dangerous of collasping especially on a stairs.

Im no expert but I had a little bit of woodworm myself and I got a treatment called Protim,plus also I think you are meant to run over holes with a candle as they cant eat through wax.

A friend of ours had a nightmare and called in experts and they drilled holes everywhere and sprayed the life out of house.This can be expensive.

Goodluck.

Advertisement