Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Utterly Bizarre Insurance Quote (again)

Options
  • 04-10-2005 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Great service in my time with Hibernian, apart from one or two odd quotes where that are relatively close in power are massively different prices, but this took the biscuit:

Rang up about an '03 Impreza STI and was told they would have to phone me back as it was a high group, which was odd enough. They phoned back and told me it would be another €2.5k and they would only do TPFT...

Despite my protestations of 'this is a €40k car' they replied, 'that's why we won't insure it fully comp'.

The
    Mind
    Boggles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

While I'm not defending insurance companies or condone their methods of calculating premiums.

I'd say they are looking at the bigger picture. I think they are also taking into account that the STi is one of the quickest cars on Irish roads which makes it very desireable with thieves/hardened criminals who would love to use it as part of their criminal activities i.e. getaway car or even stolen to order abroad. Not just the fact it is worth €40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

bazz26 wrote:
    While I'm not defending insurance companies or condone their methods of calculating premiums.

I'd say they are looking at the bigger picture. I think they are also taking into account that the STi is one of the quickest cars on Irish roads which makes it very desireable with thieves/hardened criminals who would love to use it as part of their criminal activities i.e. getaway car or even stolen to order abroad. Not just the fact it is worth €40k.

That shouldnt make a difference, he was quoted for TPFT not TPO, so he is covered for thieft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Do they even insure those without tracker devices.

I believe in the UK Evo's and STI's are loaded due to huge number of them stolen to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I told them it had a tracker - the initial conversation was quite lengthy as you can imagine...

It's gone the way of the Dodo as an idea anyway owing to cost, but you see quite a few about, there must be somewhere? Or perhaps everyone just has more cash than me (highly likely).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Gatster wrote:
    I told them it had a tracker - the initial conversation was quite lengthy as you can imagine...

).

Did they discount u for having the tracker?even tho ive got a thatcham cat1 alarm the only company who offer a slight discount for it is britton insurance.The funny thing is that Hibernian are the underwriters but if you mention the alarm to hibernian when dealing with the directly they wont discount you for it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement