Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unleaded 98

Options
  • 04-10-2005 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Can unleaded 98 petrol be got in Letterkenny? Donegal? Is it much more expensive than 95?

Does anyone use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

dont know about the purchase of it in donegal, but i do know that it is being phased out in dublin at the moment. I work for esso and my station was one of the last ones in dublin to have it.

The differenc between super and regular unleaded is simple, the octane level, its mainly used in high performance engines.

what kind of car are you driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

nanook wrote:
    dont know about the purchase of it in donegal, but i do know that it is being phased out in dublin at the moment. I work for esso and my station was one of the last ones in dublin to have it.

The differenc between super and regular unleaded is simple, the octane level, its mainly used in high performance engines.

what kind of car are you driving

I'm driving a MkV Golf GTI. It's a 2.0L Turbo, 200bhp. VW recommend 98, say it will make a considerable difference in performance. It goes great on 95, but I have to see what 98 does for it :)

Why is it being phased out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

I know the maxol station on the derry road near burt sells it, no idea about around the town.

hope thats of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

jimmeh wrote:
    I know the maxol station on the derry road near burt sells it, no idea about around the town.

hope thats of some help.

Thanks man... I'll take a run out there if I don't get anywhere closer.

Advertisement