Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshall Law 9/11

Options
  • 04-10-2005 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this film? If not see it. perfect for all conspiracy theorists out there. Talks about the plane crashes, skull and bones, bush-kerry being cousins. Links with Naziism etc etc.

very interesting watch at the least.

Also, a book called the Illuminatus Trilogy is a must read for all conspiracy theorists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

ianmc38 wrote:
    Anyone seen this film? If not see it. perfect for all conspiracy theorists out there. Talks about the plane crashes, skull and bones, bush-kerry being cousins. Links with Naziism etc etc.

very interesting watch at the least.

Also, a book called the Illuminatus Trilogy is a must read for all conspiracy theorists.

I will check out the video... not sure about the bush-Kerry being counsins thing, but...

The Illuminatus Trilogy is fiction though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminatus_trilogy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yes, I've seen all Alex Jone's documentaries. They are entertaining but hit and miss sometimes. Pinch of salt alert. His radio show is fun too, hes a good interviewer.

I like watching him more for the entertainment value rather than to find out the "truth".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Kernel wrote:
    I will check out the video... not sure about the bush-Kerry being counsins thing, but...

The Illuminatus Trilogy is fiction though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminatus_trilogy

Bush Kerry cousins is true. Widely reported. Obviously not 1st or 2nd cousins.

As for the Illuminatus Trilogy of course it's fiction, although there are many who would argue that it isn't.

Jones' documentaries are very funny but can be a little over the top with what they claim to be true. Interesting nonetheless.

ianmc38 wrote:
    Bush Kerry cousins is true. Widely reported. Obviously not 1st or 2nd cousins.

Yeah but are we talking 58th cousin 50 times removed here?? :) In which case we are all brothers, brother. :)
    ianmc38 wrote:
    As for the Illuminatus Trilogy of course it's fiction, although there are many who would argue that it isn't.

I've heard it's quite the mindbender of a read. Always good for opening the mind, one of the teachings of the Occultist Aleister Crowley was to indulge in things we normally would not, do things we don't like doing etc. in order to open our minds and change thought patterns ... (possibly to insanity however! :)).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

"mindbender" isnt the fnord word for it. Took me over a month to read the whole it, and I cant help but think that a little better fnord punctuation would have made fnord all the difference. Still, a good book.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote:
    "mindbender" isnt the fnord word for it. Took me over a month to read the whole it, and I cant help but think that a little better fnord punctuation would have made fnord all the difference. Still, a good book.

Hey I can see the fnords now too!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Kernel wrote:
    Yeah but are we talking 58th cousin 50 times removed here?? :) In which case we are all brothers, brother. :)

I've heard it's quite the mindbender of a read. Always good for opening the mind, one of the teachings of the Occultist Aleister Crowley was to indulge in things we normally would not, do things we don't like doing etc. in order to open our minds and change thought patterns ... (possibly to insanity however! :)).

I think it's 9th cousins.

As for the Illuminatus its an unbelievable mind bender. Took me two months to read it from start to finish. Its a gruelling task at times. Dont think i could ever read it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Kernel wrote:
    Always good for opening the mind, one of the teachings of the Occultist Aleister Crowley was to indulge in things we normally would not, do things we don't like doing etc. in order to open our minds and change thought patterns ... (possibly to insanity however! :)).
    Aye, I think that's one of the main purposes of the book. Also worth checking out is the Cosmic Trigger trilogy by the same author (Robert Anton Wilson) which discusses a lot of the same topics but from a more factual standpoint. Very interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

ianmc38 wrote:

Yes, it's great. Its definitely a hard read, I read the actual story over about a month, and I just recently returned to read bits of it here and there and the appendices, which might well be the most satisfying part of it. It makes the Invisibles (another thing I have to recommend) make a bit more sense as well. Invisibles is less wierd for one thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement