Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Delorentos

• 03-10-2005 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Delorentos return to Limerick Sunday 16th of October supported by the excellent Hatch 77.

Delorentos release their debut EP, Leave It On, on 14 October 2005 on Cottage/Delo Records, and celebrate with a national tour, which rumbles into Dolans Warehouse on the 16th..

entry is 6 eurons, and the door is from 8.

Drop in for a great nights music!

www.delorentos.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

moved to Pimp my band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

Hi Folks,
    though some folks on this board might be interested..

We're proud to announce the release of our new single "The Rules" on the 19th of May. We'll be playing loads of gigs around the country to support it, and hopefully we'll play it to as many of you as possible!

So, exiting times ahead... We've stuck it up so you can listen to it on www.myspace.com/delorentos .
    The big Dublin launch is in The Village on the 20th May... if you're in Dublin try and get down to it!
    There'll also be lots of TV appearances and sessions, and the details will appear on our site or myspace as they're confirmed. http://delorentos.proboards43.com

The single will be available in as many shops as possible - HMV's and the independent stockists too. We're gonna keep the price at 1.99...

We're going to let you know of more details as we go on, but thanks for reading for now...
    Kieran Ross Ro Nial
    Delorentos
    www.delorentos.net

Press Release style Jobbie:
    Delorentos release a new single, "The Rules", on 19 May 2006 on Cottage / Delorecords. A sharp comment on the culture of casual racism, "The Rules" is accompanied by live favourite "Neon".

The band accompany the single release with a full headline tour in May to co-incide with the release of the 2 track single.
    Currently Delorentos are confirmed to play the following dates:

Wed 10 May – An Brog, Cork
    Fri 12 May – Trinity Ball, Trinity College, Dublin
    Sat 13 May – The Pumphouse, Kilkenny
    Thurs 18 May – Roisin Dubh, Galway
    Sat 20 May – The Village, Dublin (+ 1pm live in-store, Tower Records, Dublin)
    Sun 21 May – De Barras, Clonakilty
    Wed 24 May – Dolans, Limerick
    Thurs 25th May – The Bank Bar, Waterford
    Fri 26 May – Spirit Store, Dundalk
    Sat 27 May – The Stables, Mullingar

With a batch of songs recorded in the BBC's legendary Maida Vale studios and mastered in the historic Abbey Road studios, the Dublin-based 4-piece released their self financed debut EP, Leave It On, in October 2005 on Cottage/Delo Records. It went straight into the Irish Top 25.

With songs jointly and individually written Delorentos' resultant sound ranges from perfectly balanced melodies to angular, driven guitar rock. Riffs and rhythms combine to produce powerful, intimate and captivating tunes that have already won them an ever-growing fan-base across the country through their regular live appearances. Aside from headline shows the band have also played with the likes of Bell X1, The Automatic, Nada Surf and Whitey in locations as far afield as London, New York, Chicago and Toronto.

The band performed a show-stealing set for the 2006 series of Other Voices: Songs From A Room broadcast on RTE earlier this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

How about them delgados?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

hey, any chance of a gig in clare were deprived of good music down on the west coast!!!Glor possibly?Ye guys are great new single is well what can i say fandabydozy, keep it up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

Hope an album is on the way. Delorentos are without a doubt the best band I've heard in a while. Def won't miss the dolans gig even though it's the middle of exams!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

Juicebox wrote:
    hey, any chance of a gig in clare were deprived of good music down on the west coast!!!Glor possibly?Ye guys are great new single is well what can i say fandabydozy, keep it up ;)

ah.. we just played in clare on friday!
    sorry we missed you...

maybe see you in galway or limerick?

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

awh huhuh if only u cud see my reaction :mad: ,really where was it on? nobody told me alas woe is me.Feck rite galway it is,better atmosphere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

Good stuff - Great band.

You boys looking for support in Dublin/Louth/Meath??

Happy to oblige...

www.myspace.com/onesneverenough

Thanks,
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Congrats! The single sounds great and I hope it does well for you. Hope to see you at The Village.

Robbie

Please read charter. Moved to pimp my band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Ah saw you in HMV this afternoon. Was impressed and bought the single and got it signed by Damien and R(? or was it ro?). :) It was pure luck it started raining and I ran into the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Really like this single The Rules!

Advertisement