Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nanowrimo

Options
  • 03-10-2005 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

anyone gonna enter, i am (school be damned!!!!!!)

got to www.nanowrimo.org for information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh wow, is it that time again? Might give it a shot, I tried last year but failed miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'll give it a try, am working on something at the moment, hopefully will be done by November...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ah. Time creeps up. I finished it last year but my novel was atrocious so I kept saying I'd write a non-awful one this year.

woohoo go you....i'm still wondering how the hell im gonna manage that and do every bit of homework and study, and run a mini-compoany, but wish me luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭merritt

Gonna do this too. I'm fed up telling people that I write 'in my spare time' and yet I have nothing to show for it. :D

• Advertisement

right there with ya. Me and my english teacher are having a compettition to see who manages it...bet they have a pc in the staffroom tho...unfair!!but if he's on, hi sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

Ha, I did it last year! And by "did" I mean, I finished at 11pm on November 30th, stopped dead in midsentence and submitted the evil novel at 50015 words. It was ridiculous.

Also, damn 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Yep, I'm doing it! Started it today and have almost reached my word goal (2000 words) for the day. It's going a lot better than I thought it would, but I have a feeling I'll run out of steam before long. Best of luck to anyone else who's doing it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

The second week is EVIL AND WRONG. If you stay on top during the second week, you'll make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

snuffles wrote:
    The second week is EVIL AND WRONG. If you stay on top during the second week, you'll make it.

hahaha yeah I remember my second week well. There's a brick wall seemingly most of us hit. Nanowrimo is a great thing to try and achieve actually. I did it last year and was on track with my word count right up until the end of the third week when I got a dose of the flu. Knocked me on my ass for four days. I tried to write but I dont function well when I'm ill so I ended up with something in the region of 42k words by the due date.

Still I've more than 100k words of that book written now. Wont have time to enter this year though.

• Advertisement

Its all going terrible...I started at 1am yesterday, wrote a prologue, finished it by 2am, started my first chapter..and blank! Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

WOOOOO I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i finished this morning at about 2:30 AM.

MAN am i tired

Well done!! I'm on 20,000 but I am sooo happy with me cos its the most I've ever written on one story, and I've spent months and months on one story...and I've got the beginning, the ending and a little of the middle nailed...

Advertisement