Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Britton Insurance 1 Day Driving Course

Options
  • 03-10-2005 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Was just going to pay the insurance with them and she told me i have to sit a 1 day driving course, First the Ignition Now this.....Has anyone ever done it?What do they do etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Are you on a provisional licence by any chance?If so it sounds like the "provisional ignition",At the end of the day the cost of it will come off your quote aswell as the discount for passing the test and you may learn something from it.

If your not on a provisional and have an ncb/have done the ignition then it sounds strange i havnt heard of it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I have my full Lisence for almost 3 years and 2 Years Ncb and have done the Ignition Course with HIb...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Its probably the ignition course shes on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Tell them you have done the ignitoon test already they can look it up because thats the test they are sending you on
    Pete

Oh really thats the Job...Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Yep sounds like the ignition.
    Since britton are a brokers, they are probably quoting you on a hibernian policy and they require you to do the ignition test.

You should look into doing the IAM test, you are guaranteed to get a reduction of 30% of your premium if you pass.

Oh i hate tests thats why i am not to keen in doing another one but on the up hand i get a day off college :) but Britton have quoted me 1200 tpft for a 20yr old on a Bmw 316 300 less than the rest which is always good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

that course is the same as the ignition course. make sure you tell them as i donot think you want to do 2 courses:D

Thanks for the reply... I am happy now...

Advertisement