Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Bliss?

Options
  • 03-10-2005 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I've just recently found this online pet shop and I'm considering buying some stuff.... does anyone know anything about it, or has anyone bought from them?

Do the have a actual shop in Wicklow where you can go and see their stock?

Do they sell birds, fish etc?

Any idea who runs it? Anyone any problems buying form them online??

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Doh!!!!Its Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The name of the shop is posted already on the title of their thread.
    Fuzzie Bear on the board runs Pet Bliss.

Generally I've had no problems with orders, there have been a few items I've ordered that were out of stock at the suppliers so in turn they couldn't get them. The best thing to do is e-mail to make sure it's in stock before you part with any money.
    I usually pick the stuff up or it's delivered to a place I can pick up near Wicklow. I have heard their delivery service is fast.
    They don't have a shop that you can go in to.

As I said it's best to double check to make sure they can get the items you want before placing the order to avoid confusion or delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Texas

ehhhh..... i did .....

shop is called Pet Bliss??

here's the postal address

Pet Bliss
    12 Church Road,
    NewtownMountKennedy,
    Co.Wicklow

The name of the shop is posted already on the title of their thread.
    Fuzzie Bear on the board runs Pet Bliss.

Generally I've had no problems with orders, there have been a few items I've ordered that were out of stock at the suppliers so in turn they couldn't get them. The best thing to do is e-mail to make sure it's in stock before you part with any money.
    I usually pick the stuff up or it's delivered to a place I can pick up near Wicklow. I have heard their delivery service is fast.
    They don't have a shop that you can go in to.

As I said it's best to double check to make sure they can get the items you want before placing the order to avoid confusion or delays.

Thanks for the info Guineapigrescue,

One of the things I was looking at is a parrot cage... they're pretty expensive so I'd prefer to see it before forking out for it. Cool that I could pick things up though... it's only about a half an hour away.

If you have seen a certain brand of cage in a shop that pet bliss sell as well that's one way to get around that. What kind of parrot is it for?

• Advertisement

There lies the problem... the pet shops I've been in only stock the run of the mill smaller parrot cages... although my parrot is small, I'm looking for something bigger than the norm to give him more space to climb and play while he's in there.

Maybe there are some shops out there that I don't know about? Has anyone any suggestions...a pet shop withing an hours drive of Dublin with a good selection of parrot cages and toys etc??

If he's a small parrot e.g. around cockatiel size you could try the larger chinchilla cages, our cockatiel is in one until the aviary is finished and it works very well. The bars need to be just under an inch wide.
    All you have to do is take out the platforms etc and put in branches and toys etc.

Here's a piccy to give you an idea

rocksgaffedited.jpg

It would probably be cheaper than a parrot cage too. The large bottom tray holds in all the mess I thought at first our lad would stick his butt out and poop on the floor lol, but it's grand. I'd say you could save yourself about 100 quid by converting one. As long as he's not much larger than a cockatiel should be fine.

If he's a small parrot e.g. around cockatiel size you could try the larger chinchilla cages, our cockatiel is in one until the aviary is finished and it works very well. The bars need to be just under an inch wide.
    All you have to do is take out the platforms etc and put in branches and toys etc.

Here's a piccy to give you an idea

rocksgaffedited.jpg

It would probably be cheaper than a parrot cage too. The large bottom tray holds in all the mess I thought at first our lad would stick his butt out and poop on the floor lol, but it's grand. I'd say you could save yourself about 100 quid by converting one. As long as he's not much larger than a cockatiel should be fine.

Thats exactly the type of cage that I keep him in at the moment :)
    Looking for something about twice/three times that size ... taller not much wider as he's lived in my kitchen for about 8 years now and where the cage is now is perfect. I've had him in the same cage since day one... time to upgrade and give him lots more climbing and chewing space.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

they are very good, they don't have a store, i think they are a home run company, i buy my hamster bedding "carefresh" off them

Advertisement