Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone here into quads and the likes

Options
  • 02-10-2005 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Im buying a honda or kawasaki one now soon. Just looking for opinions and a general discussion on them.
    I reckon the 2wd vers would be more fun as the 4wd honda i drove was hard enough to steer and has a very long turning circle. I never drove the 2wd ones but i`d imagine they`d be handier to steer and skid and such like. :)

I prefer the look of the kawasaki`s but wouldnt turn down a good honda.

We`ve a bit of a farm and diggers and all that stuff, but i wouldnt really be using it for working. But i want the working style versions, the farm quads and not the racing mangy looking yokes.

anyone know a good place to get a decent 300cc 2wd with warranty. Are the best deals to be got up the north?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I think your best deal would be online (www.ebay.ie ;)) but then shipping would get ya...
    and welcome to boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭TimG

Stay away from polaris, the gearboxes are muck.
    I'd agree with you about 2wd, getting the back end out on a quad is great fun. However with most 4wds, you can turn the 4wd off, and 4wd is very handy if you get stuck,The amount of times I've wished I had 4wd when I get stuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Hi Flunked, i wudnt buy anything mechanical going by a picture and without checking it over. So that rules out ebay.

TimG, is yours a Polaris? What cc is yours. its a 2wd yeah, is it a 2stroke? I wont be in much muck,,, nothing too major anyways.

I see a Honda 250cc for E3099plus vat@17.5% yr2004 in the latest Farm&plant buyers guide(its like auto trader only for farm+plant stuff), form a crowd called "JMK" sales based in co.Down.
    I think ill be going with the Honda`s, as their sound resale value has been pointed out to me.

Does anyone know which engines are the the 2strokes and which are 4stroke? Ill probably go for a 250cc model, as it`ll be a bit cheaper than the 300cc and i could keep up the years. Also, is there such a thing as a diesel quad, or are they best in petrol.

Advertisement