Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport bike from Europe?

Options
  • 02-10-2005 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a bike in Germany but don't fancy riding it all the way to Dublin. I was gonna fly there and back.
    Does anyone know a transport company that transports bikes from the continent.
    Or what would the other options be beside driving it on\off ferries etc?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I would suspect that hiring a tow truck would be expensive.

You could get a friend/volunteer to drive it back for you.

Or perhaps if you knew a man with a van that the bike would fit into or even if you got hold of someone with one of them bike trailers???

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭jacool

I got a bike from Germany through this lot.
    This web link will get you a chance to get a quote at least !!
    http://www.itg.de/englisch/anfrage.htm
    good luck !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 maybebaby

I had a scooter shipped from Germany and I paid ~180€.

If you're buying at a dealer, they should be able to arrange shipping for <300€...
    You can also simply call up dealers near the area were you're planning to buy your bike and ask them, which trucking company they're using (I used a local one, which then handed it to a company that does Ireland once a week or so)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I tried to do this about 2 years ago and I was quoted about E1000 to bring a bike from Bavaria to Dublin. Just aswell I didn't go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I might end up flying and driving it back if I don't get a deal soon. I've gotten a quote off a guy in the uk for €900.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

zapata wrote:
    I might end up flying and driving it back if I don't get a deal soon. I've gotten a quote off a guy in the uk for €900.

Who was that with ?? Might be the same guy that messed me around.

Advertisement