Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom vanity sink units

Options
  • 02-10-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Just on the off chance that anyone has seen something similar recently, thought I'd ask here.

Am trying to source a bathroom sink unit, prefably something similar to the picture on the link below. Its the type you would see in a hotel with the marble/marble effect counter and with an embedded sink (or rimless sink as it seems to be known!)

http://www.solidsurface.ie/bathroombowls.htm

So far have tried a few of the major suppliers in Dublin such as Classic bathrooms, tubs and tiles, nationwide etc but havent come across what I'm looking for and cant seem to find an accurate link or description online either.

If anyone has any ideas would be grateful!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi,

Why cant you use the company in the link. There is a company in Ireland that also works in solid surface material. They are based in Bray, if my memory serves me well, Aubre Fabrications, I think

kadman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭samo

kadman wrote:
    Hi,

Why cant you use the company in the link. There is a company in Ireland that also works in solid surface material. They are based in Bray, if my memory serves me well, Aubre Fabrications, I think

going by the address it seems they are in Co Down and bit far of a drive....will check out the company in Bray tomorrow though as a bit closer to home.

For some reason I figured it would be a fairly common thing and that alot of the bathroom suite suppliers would do similar arrangements....I guess not!

Thanks for the info!

Hi,
    Solid surface material is widely used in Ireland, for hotels , hospitals ect. But the fabrication process requires a trained fabricator to manufacture the products. Corian products by Dupont I think, will not supply a company with products unless they are liscenced trained fabricators, although there are ways around this.

This material is a superior material above all others. It is not to be confused with post formed laminated materials, which would not have the same characteristics. This is a top quality product, that will be expensive to buy, although a lifetime job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

There is a place between naas and newbridge that specalise in desiginer and unusual bathroom fixtures and fittings. Its called Waterhaus or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tcs

By Aubre, I reckon kadman meant OBRE in Rathnew - http://www.obre.ie/

I'm interested to know how you get on samo.

I already have the bowl & mixer tap got but want to mount it on top of a surface (not recessed into surface or rimless as in samo's case).

Attached pic of my bowl & tap.

The stand it's on is a bit big/cumbersome for the space I have in mind and anything else I've seen pretty much slots into the same old 'cumbersome' category so am starting to think that I need to either
      source the surface myself (this is how I stumbled across the OBRE site) and find someone to make something up to my requirements - problem with this is that I'll probably have to purchase 3 or so times more than I actually need (believe it comes in fixed lengths)
    or
      find someone who'll source the material for the surface & make something up to my requirements (such a person might make use of the rest of it to make another washstand/vanity unit or two)

I want it on a washstand type thing or possibly something with a narrow storage area to the side (for bleach/cleaning materials etc.). My area is small enough so I want the surface curved (not rectangular) to avoid people snagging themselves on the corner of it going past. Bathroom's mostly white with a little blue & silver/chrome. I like the blue Zodiaq on this page http://www.zodiaq.com/zodiaq/b/en/ch/Home/index.html (linked from OBRE links page). Only other option is a fairy pure white (couldn't be natural marble as it'd be too flecky) or thick glass.

Most places I go into just have vanity units to sell as is. Know who I can talk to about these ideas?

• Advertisement

Thank you TCS, you are indeed right on the money.

You are now in the esteemed position of the few who have corrected Kadman ;);)

Advertisement