Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snuff...(as in the powder)

Options
  • 02-10-2005 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone takes snuff any more and if so, is there anywhere to buy it in Dublin
    I was reading up about it on http://www.snuffbox.org.uk/ and it seems to be one way of giving up cigarettes, because basically it's just powdered tobacco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm sure there's better way to give up cigarettes tbh.
    I'd also say the tobacco industry want you to believe its one way of "giving up"... you're still consuming a tobacoo product after all ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/737840.stm
    I dont personally dont know anyone that does it.
    I suppose any of the cigar shops stock it around town, or some of the bigger off licences maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

My local still sells this crap, ends up all over the bar on a saturday night :p

And in hair and clothes etc heh, guess we need to grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

The newsagents on the non-grafton street end of south king street in dublin sells snuff. this is the street beside Stephens green shopping centre, it has the Gaiety Theatre on it and Funny business the joke shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Snuff is worse than cigarettes. Uncle uses it all the time and it comes out through his pours, very visible when he is wearing a white shirt. Plus it's messy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah but ye get a good buzzz off i' loike, rapeh it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Cigar emborium end of Grafton street sells it across from Trinity

Remeber using snuff when I was younger was great crack

The **** is lethal tough -
    Go cold turkey on the fags - just say no. If my auld lad could do it anyone can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Thanks for the info guys, i don't smoke myself, i was just curious about the effects and so on of snuff. CHeers

Advertisement