Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ssangyoung Musso

Options
  • 02-10-2005 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone know anything bout them, might be buying one dis week but i havnt heard d best of remarks bout dem

anyone got 1 or ever have 1??????????

any info greatly appreciated ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

My dad has had about three of them, including his current one. He doesn't look after them too well, and does 50k+ per year on and off road, and the roads he travels wouldn't be the best examples of paved surface in the country. All of them have stood up fairly well to the abuse. He cites the good suspension and decent mpg as reasons he has gone back to them again after driving other 4x4s, and the mercedes engine seems to be a decent powerplant. (I'm unsure as to whether they are still powered by this engine but the early models certainly were.)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They used an old Merc 2.9 diesel engine which was very good in its day. The Musso was sold here for a couple of years during the mid 1990s. The company was then bought by Daewoo and they sold the Musso with a new front grill and Daewoo badge for a short time.

Not the best 4x4 out there but if your getting it cheap for heavy duty stuff (such as pulling trackers out of fields or working on a building site) then this will do the job. As I said this was sold towards the mid to late 1990s so make sure that the one you are looking at is not knackered as most of them would have had a hard life. The Merc engine and 4 wheel drive setup will probably last forever but they were not very well built so check that everything works. Also check for damage underneath the carriage from driving up mountains and the rear as it could have spent most of it's life pulling heavy trailers. Also check for rust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

yup, we use em' where i work, fall apart go forever!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

Ah, the power of marketing.

It is not a "Mercedes" engine, rather an old mercedes designed engine, now built in Korea, but, hey, why litle little facts like that get in the way.

The 2.9l lump was the original fitment, it has been superceded by a 2,7l engine, f similar origin.

w.r.t. durability? The other posters really have it in one.

Advertisement