Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

translation of text in mysql tables

Options
  • 02-10-2005 4:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi ,
    i'm developing a dynamic website (php /mysql) that needs all its english text translated into german.

I'm not going to create seperate tables for the german content and was wondering if their is something (I dont mind paying) that I could plug into the site that would translate the text for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Not sure if google would give out about this... but it'd be possible to create a http socket type thing and connect to the google translator page and if you could figure out the right syntax you could send your text to the page, and read out the result without having to physically open the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Try here

I use it on my site here - see the translate box on the right (you need to scroll down a bit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

Thanks,
    However, having studied French in college for 4 years I would not like to comment on how bad those free translation services are!

I'm looking for something a little more professional. I'll spend another while looking on google and see what I can come up with, but I haven't found anything worth mentioning so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Find someone with free time and is a native speaker. Thats the only way to get a good translation.

There are translation services out there but they charge based on the length of the item needing translation, and iirc its done by a person, not on the fly. Auto-translations will never be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Systrans sells translation software. How good it is, I don't know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement