Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qotsa

Options
  • 02-10-2005 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭

So, let us discuss the greatness and god like status of Queens of The Stone Age. I'll start.

Queens of the Stone Age are so ****ing good, when I listen to them I think I've been smoking something because the music is so good. New album ain't their greatest album, but Songs for The Deaf and Rated R are classics. Favourite song is 'If Only'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

should this not be in rock/metal?

their self titled album is the best imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

Savage Band

• Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah, I was thinking about putting it in Rock/Metal but that's full of Metallica threads and there was one about Him so I just couldn't put it in their with all that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

FUUUUKIN GODS thats all i have to say, personal favourites
    1) First it givith
    2) Go with The Flow
    3)Gonna Leave You
    5)Little Sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dr J wrote:
    Yeah, I was thinking about putting it in Rock/Metal but that's full of Metallica threads and there was one about Him so I just couldn't put it in their with all that ****e.

I see your reasoning. When we've got threads like "Intellectually Stimulating/Progressive Music" and threads about such fantastic bands like Arcturus and so forth, putting a thread about such a terrible band like QOTSA in there would just be completely innapropriate.

• Advertisement

I see your reasoning. When we've got threads like "Intellectually Stimulating/Progressive Music" and threads about such fantastic bands like Arcturus and so forth, putting a thread about such a terrible band like QOTSA in there would just be completely innapropriate.

I've got nothing against Hard Rock or Metal music but all I have to say is in Rock/Metal there is a Him thread... and it's got 5 pages of replies.

lol :D
    qotsa arent really that intellectually stimulating ....
    "youve got a monster in your parasol"

putting a thread about such a terrible band like QOTSA in there would just be completely innapropriate.

Heh ? common Karl lets not make this personnal :o

Relax, it's just a little tongue in cheek fun. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Who's cheek though :p

Also, QOTSA are a great band. Some very laid back stuff, some savage heavy stuff.

• Advertisement

Your tongue, my asscheek. ;)

ok your lucky i was gonna put you on my list of enemies and we wouldnt want that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm move it to folk music. ;P

Giblet wrote:
    I'm move it to folk music. ;P[/

i didnt just read that, relax long deep breaths :eek:

Ok, so I have a friend who has the worst taste in music possible, listens to 50 cent and the likes of Nelly. In her defence, she is a girl... and girls do generally have a bad taste in music. Problem is I get alot of lifts off her and am forced to listen to 50 cent and Nelly or some R&B/hip hip compilation she's made. One time we were sitting in traffic for about an hour and her cd's were actually driving me insane. I mean it wasn't just that I didn't like the music, but listening to it for an hour non stop was actually making me very, very angry.

To combat this problem I've made her a Qotsa greatest hits type cd. Here's what I put on it, see you what think:

1. Regular John
    2. Avon
    3. If Only
    4. Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
    5. The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret
    6. Auto Pilot
    7. Better Living Through Chemistry
    8. In The Fade
    9. You Think I Ain't Worth A Dime But I Feel Like A Millionaire
    10. No One Knows
    11. First It Giveth
    12. Go With The Flow
    13. Gonna Leave You
    14. In My Head
    15. Little Sister
    16. I Never Came
    17. Long Slow Goodbye

you forgot tension head....

you forgot tension head....

Hmmm yeah, she was willing to give the cd a go so I decided to try and leave the heavier stuff off, as she doesn't like the really heavy stuff... however I just couldn't leave Millionaire off, it's just too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

No 'Born To Hula'? What sort of imposter collection is this? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Tackle

a

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

QOTSA, the best Kyuss tribute band on earth ;)

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    QOTSA, the best Kyuss tribute band on earth ;)

Bought a few of the Kyuss cd's, they weren't really my thing. I love that song demon cleaner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Dr J wrote:
    demon cleaner
    Ripped off the intro from 'I Am One' by the Smashing Pumpkins.

Apart from that, Kyuss and QOTSA are good... but not as good as many people make them out to be.

In fairness, the intro is a drum beat. You can hardly copyright that. Apart from that it sounds absolutely nothing like I am One

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Listen to them both at the same time, they don't sound that similar at all. No more similar than most drum beats anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Maybe not exactly the same, but the general feel of the opening few seconds is pretty identical.

Either way, my point was QOTSA still aren't earth shatteringly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

they are personally one of my favorite bands.one of the few who i really get excited about.can generally count on them for some good stuff.new album is brilliant,its much more laid back.broken box is one of the best tracks they did.

Advertisement