Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shoes

Options
  • 01-10-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a specific pair of shoes they drive in? Personally, I like to drive in my runners. When I did carpentry I'd have to wear heavy safety boots and they didn't feel good at all and I don't like wearing my formal boots either, I'll drive with my runners on and change before I get out of the car.

I was just driving home in my new car which I'm pretty used to now, but when going from 3rd to 4th I put the clutch in and my foot slipped up the pedal and it could have been quite dangerous :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

cormie wrote:
    Does anyone have a specific pair of shoes they drive in? Personally, I like to drive in my runners. When I did carpentry I'd have to wear heavy safety boots and they didn't feel good at all and I don't like wearing my formal boots either, I'll drive with my runners on and change before I get out of the car.

I was just driving home in my new car which I'm pretty used to now, but when going from 3rd to 4th I put the clutch in and my foot slipped up the pedal and it could have been quite dangerous :(

I wear whatever im wearing at the time when driving, if the clutch doesnt have much of a grip you can get "anti-slip pedals pads" for all the pedals, i think argos even have them

Update: like these for example;
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0381578.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

I generally wear runners when driving cause they provide a lot better feel than a thick soled shoe would. Drove my Mams Seicento a few years back wearing shoes and the pedals are so close together that when I went to press the brake, I'd also hit the accelerator at the same time! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hate driving in runners, just doesn't feel right. I just wear a normal pair of shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

There's 2 pairs of runners I have that I drive in, my other ones are skate shoes and are just too big to drive in. I can't get the clutch fully down, so it always hovers just above the cut-out rattle. I've never driven in shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

well see this one gets tricky where i'm involved! i've over 100 pairs of shoes so if i had to stop and think about which ones to drive in i'd never get in the car. I'm only learning to drive n i had these battered pair of runners i threw on for my first driving lesson so i'm now too scared to drive without them on! i've just gotten a pretty new car but theres already 4 pairs of shoes in the boot from me changing everytime i drive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Regular pair of shoes does me :) (^^ over 100 pairs of shoes! :eek: I only own 2 :D)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I can wear pretty much anything, I tried once with no shoes/runners on, in my old Ibiza which still had very stiff mechanically pedals and that felt weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I only wear runners when I'm running or when I'm in the gym...

Is there a benefit in changing into runners for driving a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Well if it's saturday nite i like to wear my high he.... oops wrong forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

FoXXy wrote:
    well see this one gets tricky where i'm involved! i've over 100 pairs of shoes so if i had to stop and think about which ones to drive in i'd never get in the car.

You see, this is the difference between men and women.

• Advertisement
Advertisement