Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording radio streams?

Options
  • 01-10-2005 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend me a method of recording a .smil radio stream from the 2fm website?

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/

They're playing the Arcade Fire set from Electric Picnic tomorrow night and I'd love to save a copy of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I use AAA Real Recorder for most things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

wow, i have been looking for a programme like that for a while. that ones great. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Sorry I'm being a bit dense here but how do I get it to record? I've got Real Player version 10. The stream plays fine.

I have the AAA Real Recorder open. Set up location and name of my output file. Left the input file bit blank. Tried putting the url "http://www.rte.ie/smiltest/2fm_new.smil" into the locator. That just brings up windows media player and an error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i just played a stream through Mozilla and then pressed record on the Real Recorder. worked perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Hmph.. that just gives me a silent .wav

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

try audacity, play the stream and change the recording mode in audacity to "what you hear" and press record

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It should have asked you to set up the sound when you first installed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 murray sparkle

I've recently installed Freecorder - the free version is good, the 19.95 version is better records files from webstreams or anything into mp3's. I usually record about 1hr of a Seattle based Jazz station here at work, burn it to disc and listen to it inthe car on the way home. Sounds great to be in the car heading down the road listening to that sort of stuff -quality isn't FM quality but very good all the same.

Advertisement