Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Pubs in Limerick

Options
  • 01-10-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

So where's your favourite pub?

For me it would have to be Curragower for my local, or the Locke if I was hitting town for few, with an honourable mention for Mickey Martins. At least you feel these pubs have a bit of character. Really looking forward to the new Finn's opening beside Nancy's (a fine pub but I'm not a regular there).
    So where your favourite watering hole?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

<snip> is the best for underage drinkin, any one over 15 can get in there. but i prefer <snip>or <snip> but i never really go out drinkin anyway. i like clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

naming bars that serve underage persons like that could land the site in trouble, hence i have removed the names of the pubs from your post miketyson.

alrite sorry about that squid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monaleen F.C.

McDaids in town. The Hurlers for my local (good on college nights). The Swan in Anacotty for a quiet pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Hurlers
    Clem smiths
    Dolans
    Still house
    Nancys
    Mollys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Nancy blakes is the best and clohessys is nice to for a bit of craic.
    Boo to monaleen fc! my bro was playing for st.kierans yest and we lost by loads but we wnet back to ardagh after and the 3 pubs out there were hopping!best craic i ever had even better than nancys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Must say I am partial to the wicked chicken up in taits square (funky vibes but a tad on the small side).
    Costelloes is a cool alt pub. Most would hate it though! The high stool used to be wicked cool, but it got taken over and run into the ground.
    Riddlers upstairs is good for live original music. Nice area outside as well.
    The green rooms are fun sometimes as well.. Plenty of places!
    Upstairs in Dolans on the Jazz nights is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I never go into town anymore its crap and full with prick bouncers that need a good slap.
    Fav pub in town do would gotta be Mojos, the guy that owns it decky is sound out always too packed friday and saturday do.

But if i got to a pub now it the cauldren on mary.street or the davin arms but all in all im a can man.

my favourate are:
    Riddlers
    Chairlies and Mollys. Punchs Pub is good 2

Punches used to be a great pub when they had bands playing trhere , sadly the bands stopped and now even the lounge is gone due to the construction of this new hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I'll tell you in a week when by ban expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭pukey

the office is a good place for a pint

pukey wrote:
    the office is a good place for a pint

whreabouts is that?

am, i'it's down there by the milk market, on carr street, full of shannon RFC fans alot of the time but the guinness is good there
    also timmy martins, off katherine street i think, on one of the perpendiculars, tiny but a great pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Aye the Office is nice if your looking for a quiet pint.

personally i like the locke, and dolans. but dolans can get too crowded with dell heads on a saturday night.

yeah the locke is a nice spot aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

As a warm up spot The Horse and Hound on Mulgrave Street great grub to in town It's gotta be Mickeys then Nancy's. Bet Finns wish they hadn't moved now nancies has bought the newsons mill next door

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

sioda wrote:
    As a warm up spot The Horse and Hound on Mulgrave Street great grub to in town It's gotta be Mickeys then Nancy's. Bet Finns wish they hadn't moved now nancies has bought the newsons mill next door

Actually I don't think that Finns are that concerned as I spoke to a friend of mine who is involved with the design of the new bar on the Rubens site. The bar they are building (Finns) is twice the size of Nancys anyway (approx 7500sq feet incl a big courtyard). So with this long narrow mill building that Nancys bought, they might be the same size as each other. All the better for choice in town...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

I dunno are you gonna walk past nancy's to go there is the question. I mean look at large pubs in limerick during the week Nancy's is the only one busy. I dont see Finns benganywhere near as Successful, more likely they will be an over flow pub for Nancy's just like smiths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

sioda wrote:
    I dunno are you gonna walk past nancy's to go there is the question. I mean look at large pubs in limerick during the week Nancy's is the only one busy. I dont see Finns benganywhere near as Successful, more likely they will be an over flow pub for Nancy's just like smiths

Am I going to walk past Nancys to go there??? Sixty feet up the road?? Of course I am. A new place to go to (when we all bitch about lack of choice) for a night out. I think it will do very well and certain bars not on Denmark St will probably suffer because of it.
    Also I think that Smyths is quiet is because of the interior and crowd not just because everyone wants to go to Nancys.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nestor's is not bad these days, no more posers in there. Not too packed there on a Saturday night and pints are only €3. :cool:

MoJo's is ok also but is full most Friday and Saturday nights.

Pier One was good but seems to be nealy empty these days.

Players on Thomas Street is nice also if you want a relaxing pint on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Mickey Martins or the Wicked Chicken are my watering holes in limerick.
    Mojos is good for a pint too but there are too many televisions in there, thats why i love the Chicken, no tvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

costello's, mickey's, players, stables, dolan's, woodfield are all good.

failing that there's alot to be said for the classic bag of cans in arthur's quay park.

Advertisement