Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eve - Have you made any decisions on insulation?

Options
  • 01-10-2005 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi Eve, hope you are well and the house is progressing. Just wondering if you have made any decisions regarding Knauf or other insulation? Their Dublin agent called me on Thursday but I was out shopping so could not really talk to him. He said he would get a rep to call but I think I'll just email off a set of plans to him and see what they proposed. They do hundreds of other products. Sounds as if they are pretty good. Will keep you posted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eve1

Hi Builderwoman,
    I sent off my house plans to the rep and they haven't got back to me yet. I'll give them a buzz on Monday and try and speed things up. We don't need it for another few weeks so I've been concentrating ongetting other quotes out and lining blocklayers, roofers up etc. What stage of the buid are you at? Our tf will be arriving in approx 3 weeks although to be hones it was meant to have been here at the beginning of Sept, but we had a number of delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Hi Eve,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will have to root out the post you left the phone no for that agent on as I received so many calls after last week the number went off my list of calls received. We are deciding on windows, doors and insulation at the mo. Our roofers started putting on the roof last Monday. Exciting times!! You will be in your house in no time using tf. I have to say everyone tells me that when you get inside that's when the delays and expense starts. Have to say we have been very lucky (touch wood) with the trades so far. We are happy with everyone to date. We weeded out the cowboys who wouldn't bother to call you back very early on and hence anyone we are dealing with now are sound (so far....afraid to praise them too much in case they turn bad!!). I will keep you posted on how I get on with this guy. Did you decide on Marvin fibre glass windows after all? I have emailed them but they haven't come back to me about them. Looking forward to hearing from you fellow builder woman!! Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement