Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Morgan Aeromax.

Options
  • 30-09-2005 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Check this bad boy out:
    53Side_front.jpg
    It look's like it would sneak away and kill people while you sleep........
    53side.jpg
    533:4_front.jpg
    533:4_rear.jpg
    53Rear_Wheel.jpg

That has just entered my top ten "lottery Cars".

Sean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

Nice.

Its the kind of car Batman would pop down to the shops to buy milk in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Stunning car I saw it in action at Goodwood, it sounds as good as it looks. From certain angles it almost looks like a Bugatti.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Love the spray on tyres !!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

this car looks really cool. i would love one. anyone know what price they are in the uk or even ireland:eek:

The last I heard they were about £150,000 sterling for the "basic" model, but that was before they were released. I would presume that there would be a long waiting time as they are hand built. In Ireland, taking into consideration, sterling to euro differences, VRT and VAT, I don't suppose you'd have much change out of 300,000 euros.

• Advertisement

thats too expensive.but the car is nice.
    with €300,000 u can get lambo and another small car.i would go for the lambo or f430 any day:D

Or you could buy about 30 Fiat Punto's! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

"Cruella DeVille. Cruella DeVille! If she doesn't get you, no evil thing will....."

Laughable. Is this what passes for car design these days? Shameless pandering to every teenage wet dream and pricing the thing at £150,000. Apparently it drives well enough for that money - why did they make it look like a caricature of their 50s cars?

PS: I see the Bugatti thing too - in the rear wings. So they're copying 75 year old designs now - how very praiseworthy :confused:

A well ds, its either retro styling or wings! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Stunning from the b-pillar back, shame they tried to retain the traditional Morgan look for the rest of it.

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    A well ds, its either retro styling or wings! :D
    Don't getcha.

Seriously - engineering wise this is quite an advanced car compared to the comparatively crude competition. I cannot understand why it looks like their old ladder framed live axled ancestors.

It's like seeing Kate Moss dressed in a house frock and curlers.

:d

Here a pic of a similar Bugatti I saw in the US this year. This model was originally magnesium bodied! Note that this car was designed in 1937 - it was considered "contemporary streamlined" then.
    DSCN0280.jpg

What I mean by "retro styling or wings" is that cars today either look like modern classic cars or the next step, planes, in some cases anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Laughable. Is this what passes for car design these days?

IT'S A MORGAN!

Its like saying why do roll royces look like they do?

Rolls%20Royce%20Cornische.jpg

photo_1.jpg

Morgan would never change the way the cars look too much, its there distinctive (old) look thats makes them desirable. I think the Aeromax is a brave design for them.

Sean.

Advertisement