Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit showjumping!

Options
  • 30-09-2005 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd share this with you all.
    My rabbit (Misty, a Himalayan, owned and trained by myself!) has become an expert showjumper, and I'm sure he would love the good people of Boards to see it!

Nala

picture0954dy.th.jpg

picture0944xm.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

That's brilliant, did it take you long to train him, esp getting a lead on, had a few incidents trying one out with one of my brood (the lead, not the showjumping!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Thanks! It's taken a few weeks, he barely even needed steering yesterday, when he saw a jump he'd run over and jump it by himself without being told to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

It's amazing what you can get a rabbit to do equipped with two electrodes and a 9v battery...

...but seriously, how do you get the saddle on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Looks like he's actually enjoying it, no chance of that happning with our Molly though she's too independant lol. Our two just use each other to play leap frog over

He was actually jumping WITHOUT the harness and lead today! I was taking them off him to put him back into his enclosure and next thing he took off and cleared a jump without being told to! He then jumped several more, you should see him tearing around the place, he loves it!

• Advertisement

Here he is without the harness

picture12216st.th.jpg

picture12173xi.th.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Good Show - we might the beginnings of a new sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Aww bless he must really enjpy it if he does it all my himself. Shure would be a beter sport (if done with care and consideration for the critters of course) than hare coursing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

That is absolutely fantastic Nala!!!

I wish my bun would put his athleticism to such good use as opposed to the usual mischief-making!

How did you get him used to the harness? Did you do it over a period of time or was he comfortable with it from the beginning? My little guy goes nuts if he sees his one...

He took to the harness pretty quickly, but that was when he was a baby. It's tiger-print so he's very fancy. You should see what he was doing today, I put up two small jumps in a row for him to do one at a time and he took a big leap and did them both in one go, must try and get a pic of that. He's pretty damn good considering he's so small, he isn't much bigger than a guinea pig, bless him!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement