Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Blanch I.T?

Options
  • 30-09-2005 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

I have started college in Blanch 3 weeks ago and am not finding it the most sociable of all colleges. Am comuting everyday but it still seems to have no mad college buzz throughout the day. Am thinking of moving up to get into the college spirit. Feedback would be appreciated... Thanks icon10.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

i feel for u. ive heard things myself about this college and its atmosphere. still, im in tallaght and im doin ok but its not overly socialable unless everyone goes out and does something together, and even then theres a 50/50 chance of it working

be patient, put in some effort, and you'll find some likeminded people for sure

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Hi,

I went to Blanch IT for 4 years. Because of going to that particular college I pretty much missed out on the social aspect of college that most students enjoy.

However, I really think this helped me get the qualification I did, if I was distracted by social outings I don't think I would have done so good. On the other hand a social life is what you make it, but the college doesn't really help that much.

That and the fact that the chances of getting shot in the local pub (brookwood) seem to be quite high :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I did 3 years in Blanchardstown and moved this year. I'd agree with the post here though: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=296289

I had a good social life but only because I went out in places like Maynooth and with other friends from colleges like DCU.

Basically, Blanchardstown is good if you want a good degree but don't expect to have fun along the way.

Advertisement