Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priory of Sion

Options
  • 30-09-2005 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I hear alot about the Illuminati and the Masons being behind alot of the major events which have occured over the years such as the Kennnedy assassination but I really do think that There is something behind the Priory of Sion. I know there is little proof of its existence but it makes sense to think they are hiding Jesus' descendants and are planning something for the future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The priory of Sion faked documents that they claimed was evidence that they knew the whereabouts of jesus' decendants. The group was created in the 19th century and was not the ancient secret society that is portrayed in the Da Vinci Code.

http://www.alpheus.org/html/articles/esoteric_history/richardson1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Alternitavely, it was created in the 50's by a Fench surrealist to spice up a dull sunday afternoon.

No real way to know, but I doubt it is an actual conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pjays wrote:
    I hear alot about the Illuminati and the Masons being behind alot of the major events which have occured over the years such as the Kennnedy assassination but I really do think that There is something behind the Priory of Sion. I know there is little proof of its existence but it makes sense to think they are hiding Jesus' descendants and are planning something for the future.
    You mean you read the Da Vinci Code.

Well done, you can read a trashy book and believe it, here's a medal..

ApeXaviour wrote:

now now be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

I'd just like to add i have never read that book nor any other book by Dan Brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Pjays wrote:
    I'd just like to add i have never read that book nor any other book by Dan Brown.

Just curious as to why you think the Priory of Sion are hiding Jesus' descendents and are planning something for the future?

There is no evidence to suggest Jesus had any descendents, and surely when crusades were happening in the Holy Lands, and every obscure relic was being tracked down and retrieved, do you not think the crusaders would have tracked down any descendent of Jesus' and installed them in the Christian Church?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

that's a really good point. i just think that there are always cover ups going on with everything in life. it is very likely if the Crusades had found someone they would have made sure the world knew about it, but who knows? we ask so many questions but rarely do we get the true answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Kernel wrote:
    There is no evidence to suggest Jesus had any descendents, and surely when crusades were happening in the Holy Lands, and every obscure relic was being tracked down and retrieved, do you not think the crusaders would have tracked down any descendent of Jesus' and installed them in the Christian Church?

Plenty of evidence, but none of it really conclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i've read a few books on this topic, and there are certainly hidden messages in a lot of Da Vinci work, and some rather odd com-incedences in Rennes La Cheateux and a danish island i can't remember the name of.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Undergod wrote:
    a lot is circumstantial and subjective, such as the Gnostic Books of the Bible that the church had forbidden, found and burned, which lend wait to the belief that Jesus had children, if you believe what you read about them. I have never seen the books myself and would not be able to prove they are authentic anyway so i certainly can not say its fact either way.

• Advertisement

Undergod wrote:

Well, I take your point that there is inconclusive evidence, but what do we allow into the term 'evidence', one must also be subjective, since any old conjecture could then be viewed as evidence...

Anyway, it's always good to seek the truth, but one must remember that 'evidence' can be stained over time, just like truth.

Pjays wrote:
    but who knows? we ask so many questions but rarely do we get the true answers

Some things we will never know for certain. We rarely get the truth nowadays because disinformation and intelligence techniques are so much more sophisticated now. 'back in the day' however, it would have been more difficult (though not inconcievable) to hide such a secret. Best thing we can do is research research research, and make up our own conclusions. better than believing what News Corp forcefeeds anyway, and who is to say you are not right, I guess.

News Corp.. gah! Report the news, not opinions for the masses. :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Fact X importance= news :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

ApeXaviour wrote:

so because Dan Brown included some of this info in his story it means none of it is true?
    You do relaise Brown isnt the first to write about these groups and events right?
    He is only the most recent to a generation that hadnt been aware of it.

I have books before he became popular that discuss these things and Im sorry but there is too much evidence that what he does write about is true.

Now, there isnt any way it can be proved that it is or isnt true it all lies in what you choose to believe....and after my own research I choose to believe that Magdalene and Jesus were married and she did bear his child and that the whereabouts were guarded. The Priory did exist before the 20th century BTS, you can post up one link that says it didnt and Ill find one that says it did.
    Its all up to what you believe and I know your a die hard catholic so there will be no arguing with you ;)

Its all up to what you believe and I know your a die hard catholic so there will be no arguing with you

LOL

actually I was under the impresssion that the Knights Templar were given the charge of seeking out the Holy Grail in the middle east. The premise of the Da Vinci Code suggests that the Holy Grail was not a cup of the Covenant but the bloodline of Jesus Christ.

But The Nights Templar were more-or-less aniahlated in France in the 14th century when the then Pope became fearful of them.

It is my understanding that stragglers of the Knights Templar went underground and are protecting this "holy Grail."

Whilst there is evidence to suggest that Jesus Christ did have a wife, My take on it would be that Jesus' decendants and the holy grail are two different things.

as for being catholic, lets just put it this way, churches smoulder when I enter them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

'as for being catholic, lets just put it this way, churches smoulder when I enter them.'

hahah ok then ;)
    you have your other information right though, about the Knights...
    but where we differ is in 'what the Holy Grail' actually is.
    I believe it was the bloodline where as others believe it was actually a cup. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement