Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The inexorable arrival.

Options
  • 30-09-2005 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Just letting people know Terry Pratchett's gonna be in town (book signing in Easons O'Connell street) on the 18th of October. 'Twill be cool.... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Deadly!!! What time???

Booking the day off work now...

<edit>Aha
    4.30pm Eason's
    O'Connell St,
    Dublin
    </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

I will also be there: :D

Can't wait, and I hear the book is very good also.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

i've never been to a book signing in easons before, do yuo have to buy his book there? I'm presuming so.
    Is it OK to bring along one or two of his other books to get signed?

I heard a while ago that he's quite cool about book signings, tends to hang around until everyone has been seen....not sure if this si still the case though.

Yes, you can bring some of your own but Terry has said himself it's nicer if you buy a book.
    He also says he has no problem with signing a couple of books, but he does not like the people who come with their entire collection to be signed! ;)
    I'll try to find the exact quote...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

He also says he has no problem with signing a couple of books, but he does not like the people who come with their entire collection to be signed!

Quite understandable really, considering the huge amount he has published....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Belfast the following day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

thats so cool. i'll sooo be heading in for that. the mans a genius with the discworld books, or maybe he's just crazy and actually thinks thats the real world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

Yeap I'm goin=)And I'm bring my (well ok maybe not mine) college sci-fi society and its gonna be great!I can't wait to meet the man!(Hope my dreams aren't shattered and he turns out to be a tool)

Just back from it. Got 4 books signed. He seems very nice - patient, but then he'd need to be :p
    The queue snaked all around the ground floor of Easons when I was leaving.

/me run's off to read signed copy of Thud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I was queueing from 5.30 till 7.10! Worth it though. I just got the 2 signed because a woman in front of me decided to get her entire collection signed after the shop had officially closed. Silly woman.
    Still, seems like a sound guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I was gonna go in. I only remembered as I was coming home from college. I'm reading Night Watch at the moment and had it in my bag so was gonna go in and get it signed but didnt want to go in without getting a copy of Thud signed and I'd no money on me to buy the book. How much is it in Easons anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

My friends and I arrived at 4.38 exactly, and our books were signed at around 7. Only true appreciation could have made us wait so long. At first, we thought we'd be there for about a half an hour, pushing at an hour... then, when we FINALLY found the end of the line, we realised we were in for a long wait. With only one seat around half way across. And I can tell you, I know every SINGLE book on that floor of Easons, or at least where to look for it.

Nick Hornby - over there!
    Travel books - over there!
    Sex books... over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Lol. What time did he start signing at? I was in town around lunch hour

Started at around 4.10, looks like he finished at around 7.30 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

He the cancelled Belfast signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 GumDropButtons

Best experience ever in the queue... we'd been there for a while, and had just reached the *ahem* adult section... this little kid in front of us turns to his mother and says "mommy, do you read those books?" Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

The adult section is strangely placed... anybody notice that? You're just walking along, waiting in your cue, and suddenly the guy in front of you goes 'how the hell does any guy move from here'. You look up and wham! in your face.

Advertisement