Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S60

Options
  • 29-09-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Looking at one of these in the north reckon I can have it on the road for around 20K including VRT Etc 02 60,000 miles

Basically I want a good safe family car between myself and the missus we do a good few long journeys a month. I am living in Sligo and travel 30 miles via a backroad to work every day and believe me its no joke (you know that feeling you get once in a while when some muppet is driving straight at you on the wrong side of the road looking for his phone only swerving at the last second.... :eek: I get this at least 3 times a week)
    SO I think this is the way forward question is what kind of servicing would you expect to be paying on one of these are how are they on high mileage
    I done a few searches and see the diesel would be hitting around 40MPG would you expect to achieve this ?

I have taken a spin in an s80 petrol and diesal and loved it I take it this would be similar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Go for it. It is the most comfortable, quiet, reliable and safest car I have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Nice car - very comfy and a decent diesel, by all accounts. Much roomier and more stylish car than the equivalent merc/bmw/audi and much better equipped generally.

Volvo's safety image is 80% marketing - most of the other manufacturers have caught up primarily by copying Volvo. That's not to say it is not a safe car, just that it doesn't really distingush it as much as the badge might have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I agree, fabulously comfortable car. Seats are the best out of any car I've been in, which has been a lot. Make sure it's the SE spec to get value for money with things like leather, climate control, cruise, etc. If you can SE with Winter pack, you'll be on to a winner.

The only downside from the D5 is that the turbo makes a very intrusive sound while accelerating. It whines quite loudly, but I know I'd soon stop hearing it. My wife wouldn't allow me buy one of them because of the sound. If you could get over it, then yes, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

cheeky, I know, but I'm selling a 2005 S40 SE 1.8, cedar green, beige leather, 6k KM on the clock. You know the spec already of the SE, but I added electically folding mirrors, integrated child booster seats and the premium stereo which is 6-CD in dash change, 12-speaker pro-logic setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Thanks for the replies folks sorry cambo but I dont think the budget will strech that far.
    Jesus I wasent joking about that journey was head to head with a civic this morning a guy walking on the road had to jump into a ditch to avoid getting taken out the civic landed onto my path only for i saw it comming and already stepped on the brakes It would have been a head on.

Starting to thing the extra 30 min scenic drive could be an option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement